Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

As a carer, when do you move out?

BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
So il'll try keep it short,  but basically my friend wants me to move in with her in October, the only problem is it's 200 mile away! And as a carer when do you move out? like is a month too short to put in a support package for mam? I really want to go and its in a city I've always wanted to live in, and its affordable! But i'm also scared, scared for mam mainly, and finding a job down there, work here has been great for my mental health, they're so understanding and I know i'll never find a place like that again. I've seen something recently it's like a fitbit that can detect when a fit is going to happen and send out texts/calls to people. it'll be good for mam and put my mind at ease a bit, but it's expensive! And with Christmas coming up can I really afford to move so soon? Also I don't know if i'm ready to leave this place just yet, and they've just started the process for supported accommodation so am I ready to live independently just yet? So may questions and I just don't know what to do. 
' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here

If you are registered as a carer, then the carer's organisation should put a replacement carer into place to take care of your Mum. Like Sophie needs help when needing respite care for me. Naturally you're unsure, but I notice you've been getting better at work (who have been so understanding to you) so I think that for the time being, maybe you're not ready yet to move away. Also, Christmas isn't far away, so perhaps new year when you're stronger, eh? And when your Dad feels better as you are close to him.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Thanks, it's just hard as I know my mam won't like a stranger in the house, I know my sister would chip in and help her, she only lives across the road so I like the epilepsy fitbit thing would help her a lot, that way my sister can nip over when she does have a fit. I might ask my friend if she'll keep the room free til the new year but I don't know, i'm also going to ask at work if it doesn't work out will I be able to get my job back if I move back home. that will give me time to prepare a bit more, cause I have to give a months notice anyway which means I have to hand it in today and im still undecided if I want to go. but I think I will wait until the new year, and speak to my team to see if im allowed to live independently. also been thinking about going for a 3 month trail, and then coming home for a month. theres so many ways to go about this and I don't know which path to go down lol
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''