Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help eating?

AshleenAshleen Posts: 108 The Mix Convert
I'm sorry for posting another discussion..
I just need some help
I haven't been eating, sleeping or doing anything I normally do and I don't think it's a good thing.. I talked to my doctor he said he could give me something for sleeping but for eating he can't do much.
Does anyone know how to start eating again? 
I've been dealing with my eating disorder for months and its pretty bad.. I eat barely anything and barely sleep I'm so tired all the time and when I lay down my mind won't turn off what should I do? 
I'm just worried that this isn't good for me and its gonna have really bad side effects.
Can anyone help?

Comments

• Options
    Invisible_meInvisible_me Posts: 139 The Mix Convert
    Hey @Ashleen.
    Well done for posting on here and you don't need to apologise.

It's good that you went to the doctor and explained to them the difficulties you are having with eating and sleeping.  With sleeping there's like medication they can give you to help you sleep whereas for eating they can't really give anything-  Maybe that is why he said he can't do much about the eating?...
    But overall did you find him helpful or understanding? You mention you've been dealing with your eating disorder foe months- are you getting any help for this?  Maybe, that is the reason for your not wanting to eat feeling. But also,  when we are worried we can find it hard to eat.   Try and eat little bits when you feel able to- I'm not saying meals juts something small... Even some fruit. 

Similarly, it can be hard to sleep when we are worried. You say your mind won't switch off- I'm wondering whether you are able to identify what's 'whirling around in your head's this normally happens when we are worried or stressed about something. If so,  Then maybe you might find it helpful to tackle these worries- write them down on a piece of paper and try to think of ways to tackle it or strategies. How does that sound? 

You night also find it helpful to have a 'wind down'eg: do something you enjoy before setting of to bed and boost your mood.      But saying that your mood and tiredness are all some of the effects of your less sleep and less food.   

I would say go to your doctor again, If your still finding things hard there will be things they can do is suggest to help.

Take care 
    In-me x

• Options
    Thank you for responding! 

I've been given medication for sleeping so far it been working so that good I think.
    But eating is a different story.
    I try eating and feel sick and in constant pain.. I'm booked in for an x-ray to see anything is wrong with my stomach..
    I'm just worried what I've done to myself with not eating.. It kinda makes me sad that I got to this point in life... I'm in a suprrot group for my depression and I've been out in another one at the hospital for eating I just hope they work..
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Hi Ashleen,

Sorry to hear how you're feeling. A main factor in eating disorders is a need for control - is there a part of your life that feels out of control? If you can address that, it would reduce the need to control your diet/weight so harshly!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Well there's a lot going on.. Like I mentioned in another decision of mine I have my appointments this week.. And July 3 I have 1 of 3 operations happening so i m a little stressed.. I've been worried about my friends.. And my exams and just life.. Maybe that's what lead to this but I don't know its hard to say
  • Options
    Found out something is wrong with my stomach need to take medication.. Eating is not possible right now.. When I do I'm sick.. The medication  Is supposed to help... I really really hope it works :'(:'(
  • Options
    Ashleen said:
    Thank you for responding! 

I've been given medication for sleeping so far it been working so that good I think.
    But eating is a different story.
    I try eating and feel sick and in constant pain.. I'm booked in for an x-ray to see anything is wrong with my stomach..
    I'm just worried what I've done to myself with not eating.. It kinda makes me sad that I got to this point in life... I'm in a suprrot group for my depression and I've been out in another one at the hospital for eating I just hope they work..

Hello there.

Sorry for slight delay in responding.

Good to hear the sleeping is seems like your getting help for and its working as reasonable as far. However, it seems eating is the opposite to this. It could be as you sugest that there's something physical with the eating- I'm not a medical but hopefully the doctors will able to like hopefully sort things out and give things, suggest things. I see from your later message that actually your on medication now. I would say see how that goes and report to your doctor if it's not helping.

Don't worry. Your body's just not in a suitable position to almost take in the food.  Oh bless... You'll get through this.  You also say in your discussion with @Azziman, that theres quite a lot of things going on that is undoubtedly effecting things as well. It is also about wanting to gain control.

I feel like there is both a physical and emotional side to this. Hope all goes well. Take care,

• Options
    Sorry its taken me so long to get back... 
    Eating hasn't gotten better
    Sleeping is worse
    And I don't think I can use the mix anymore
    I don't deserve this help when others do
    I'm not any better then the men who raped me
    I do deserve to not be here
    Many other people need more help then me 
    I shouldnt be bothering people with my problems anyway
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    Aw, hun, you dont need to leave the site <3 we all genuinely care about others here which includes you. - not a bother. Sounds like depression talking :( youre surviour and lovely person.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Well if it is my depression talking its right 
    I'm no good
  • Options
    Ashleen said:
    Sorry its taken me so long to get back... 
    Eating hasn't gotten better
    Sleeping is worse
    And I don't think I can use the mix anymore
    I don't deserve this help when others do
    I'm not any better then the men who raped me
    I do deserve to not be here
    Many other people need more help then me 
    I shouldnt be bothering people with my problems anyway

Oh at @Ashleen,

Hold on there....

It might not be the best at the moment but doesn't mean it never will get better. You'll get there eventually.

You do need all the help possible, and you are welcome on the Mix like everyone else. We are here for you, you matter just as much...

We are all worth something including you.

Take care,

Invisible_me