Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My posts appear to be double-spacing

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
I always set a new sentence with 1 space, but after sending, my text appears to be double-spaced. Is this a forum bug? It seems recent to me. I haven't experienced this before.

Best wishes and have a good day!

Mandy

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey Floxy, 

Are you using mobile or laptop? 

I experience this too, I double check my text and it's fine but when I post bam!

Also when I create a new line(hitting the send button)  it doesn't jump down to it so I have to click a line down myself and it goes AWOL 😂

I have no idea on whether your problem can fixed or owt so we'll leave that to a mod haha x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey @Floxy and @Laine

Thanks for reporting this issue. I'll pass this onto our tech team to investigate :) 

- Aife
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hiya @Laine
    I'm using a laptop, windows 7, but if I close up the spacing, hit the send button as you just suggested, then after posting the sentencies appear normal.
    Strange, but when I'm typing emails, everything is normal so I reckon it must be Vanilla's coding. I Dunno though, but thank you so much for helping! =)

Have some lovely freesias for beside your bed.

edited August 2018
    The Mix said:
    Hey @Floxy and @Laine

Thanks for reporting this issue. I'll pass this onto our tech team to investigate :) 

- Aife
    It's fine if using Laine's suggestion, but difficult when posting recipes which I'm about to do.
    Thank you Aife @The Mix :)
    Furthermore @Aife it's become an engrained habit for me to hit the space bar every time I make a new sentence. It goes against my training to not leave a gap between new sentencies. Let's hope your tech team can put this right.

Have a good day! :)
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey @Floxy

The double spacing issue should now be fixed. Let us know if there's any other issues you find. :) 

All the best,

- Aife
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    edited August 2018
    Hi @Aife

I've just logged in and will see how the spacing is.

Thank you so much for your fast help. :)

ETA, yep! It's fixed =)