We're currently updating and consolidating our community guidelines, so you might see a few changes and things being moved to more relevant places. We're not changing how things currently work, just making sure what's written is accurate and up to date.

My posts appear to be double-spacing

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Fanatical Poster
I always set a new sentence with 1 space, but after sending, my text appears to be double-spaced. Is this a forum bug? It seems recent to me. I haven't experienced this before.

Best wishes and have a good day!

Mandy
I'm driven by self doubt.

Comments

• LaineLaine Horse hugger Posts: 1,122 Fanatical Poster
    Hey Floxy, 

Are you using mobile or laptop? 

I experience this too, I double check my text and it's fine but when I post bam!

Also when I create a new line(hitting the send button)  it doesn't jump down to it so I have to click a line down myself and it goes AWOL 😂

I have no idea on whether your problem can fixed or owt so we'll leave that to a mod haha x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"So wake me up when it's all over, when I'm wiser and I'm older" ~ Avicii

"
    All I do is sit and think about you If I choose then I lose.
    Distract my brain from the terrible news
    It's not living if it's not with you" ~ The 1975

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille
  • The MixThe Mix Staff team Posts: 1,849 Moderator
    Hey @Floxy and @Laine

Thanks for reporting this issue. I'll pass this onto our tech team to investigate :) 

- Aife
    We're @Aife@Mike, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Fanatical Poster
    Hiya @Laine
    I'm using a laptop, windows 7, but if I close up the spacing, hit the send button as you just suggested, then after posting the sentencies appear normal.
    Strange, but when I'm typing emails, everything is normal so I reckon it must be Vanilla's coding. I Dunno though, but thank you so much for helping! =)

Have some lovely freesias for beside your bed.

edited August 2018
    The Mix said:
    Hey @Floxy and @Laine

Thanks for reporting this issue. I'll pass this onto our tech team to investigate :) 

- Aife
    It's fine if using Laine's suggestion, but difficult when posting recipes which I'm about to do.
    Thank you Aife @The Mix :)
    Furthermore @Aife it's become an engrained habit for me to hit the space bar every time I make a new sentence. It goes against my training to not leave a gap between new sentencies. Let's hope your tech team can put this right.

Have a good day! :)
  • The MixThe Mix Staff team Posts: 1,849 Moderator
    Hey @Floxy ;

The double spacing issue should now be fixed. Let us know if there's any other issues you find. :) 

All the best,

- Aife
    We're @Aife@Mike, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
    edited August 2018
    Hi @Aife

I've just logged in and will see how the spacing is.

Thank you so much for your fast help. :)

ETA, yep! It's fixed =)
    The Mix