Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Friendship has broken

SophJayne94SophJayne94 Posts: 45 Boards Initiate
Just finding it all to much now.... I believe in so many people saying they want to be friends with me and talking to me for a couple of days and then bang everything comes crashing down.
Going to be coming off this site no one seems to want to hold a conversation with me and just struggling with the heartache anymore.
No more friends anymore just me on my own 😭

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    With respect to your present feelings, @SophJayne94 you need to become more established on the forums so that people grow in getting to know you. And especially our very young ones, some of whom are going through highly emotional times and being very unwell or knowing quite which way to turn. Our young ones need a lot of care and support and at this time of the evening are feeling drained and wrung out. I know the feeling even in myself, having been recently diagnosed with a heart condition and having to shut down taking messages. It's for my own good. I'm not trying to be selfish.

I advise you to hang in here, and chill. Once chats return next week, you visit, say, general chat and establish yourself, getting to know the regulars and they in turn, get to know you. The chat modas, all of them, are very friendly and welcoming. :)

Friendship works both ways, but if someone isn't feeling up to chatting, please bear in mind they may not be feeling well or, cannot find enough strength to be supportive. Many of us have to self-care on a daily basis, and there is a lot to be said for looking after ones self first.

Best wishes,
    Mandy
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Hi SophJayne94,

Sorry to hear how you feel. Most people here do mean well, but everyone is fighting their own battles, and sometimes that means that they spend more time focusing on their own situations. I do hope you understand and stick aroundx

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    It’s quite hard to stick around when no one actually wants to listen to me or find out more about me I have tried really hard to start conversation but they never go anywhere 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    This site isnt the best place to find friendships tbh. Though im certain many do. But have you thought of other ways to make friends? 

You could try this app. Called ‘heyvina’ https://www.heyvina.com/ You put your interests in and comes up with other females in your area and can chat and then maybe meet up
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Thank you so much for this I am now dosnloading it fingers crossed it works for me :) x
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    How are you finding it? (If youve had a look yet). I had an account and looked good but was too anxious to message anyone ah but read that people have found their best friends on there
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    It’s okay you can message anyone tho till you are a match I have ran out of people and now I can do anymore so not sure what to do now 😒 x 
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey SophJayne,

Just wanted to see how your doing, We are very friendly here and always looking out for one another.

I hope you stick around, do you know we also have a chat service where you can get to know other young people :)

https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat

I hope you stick around, you could also comment on some of the more light-hearted threads if you wanted to, that way people will start to recognise you online, and will hopefully chat to you.

We are here for you though :heart:

Sorry you're struggling 

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Thank you so much it’s getting a little easier found someone on something else who adores me ❤️
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    That's positive. Your welcome to stick around here too if you wanted too!! 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Yeah really pleased :) I will stay on here but thinking of all the positives now
  • Options
    EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Its so good to scroll down this thread and see how much everyone has helped you think of the postitives :) If you ever are feeling low again you can come talk to us anytime :)
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy."