Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I am ugly

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
Look at the title it tells you everything.
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and is not just skin deep. While from birth we can't be choosers of being good lookers - I'm not particularly attractive - sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eyes which is why Ines is marrying me.

People like you, Kasa.

• EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Floxy is right, All of the things you think are ugly might be things other people really like.

Why do you feel this way, could it be that you are having some low self-esteem right now and are connecting that feeling with how you look? If so how about spending some time doing something you enjoy, something that makes you feel good. If you are feeling more confident then this might help with how you feel about your apperance. :) 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Confidence. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    The internet does not help at all with body-issues, perhaps stay off social media for a while. Most online selfies are Photoshoped or filtered anyway. 

So, Why do you think you are ugly? Perhaps knowing this will help us find a solution to how you feel. 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    Bullies and my jaw problem
    Bullies are awful, chances are they only act horrible because there is something going on in their lives that they are choosing to ignore and rather than solve that problem, they take it out on you. This is not your fault, do you have a group of friends you can stick with? They are less likely to act horrid if you are in a group.

Or perhaps you could tell someone about their behaviour? A teacher or parent, there is no shame in speaking up, many people have experience being bullied and can offer advice and reassurance. If you are being bullied by people close to you, would you be able to tell them that you are hurt by the things they say and you'd like them to stop? Its not your fault people act mean to you, try and stay calm and be the best person you can be, getting angry with bullies only fuels the fire and could make the situation worse. 

Also, about this jaw problem, could it be that you see it everyday and it bothers you? but others might not noice right away. Find friends who like you for who you are, not what you look like. 
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Hey I have to agree with what everyone is saying, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I used to be told daily at school I was ugly. But you know what beauty is found within. You could be the most attractive person on the planet but if you’re heart is ugly then you won’t get very far.

I have to quote my picture

keep smiling you’re One in a million and there is no one like you
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hi Kasa2103,

You're better than you think! I'm sorry to hear that you experienced bullying - they're insecure people who enjoy putting others down for no reason, and often spread lies. Don't give in to them by listening to what they say - you let them win by doing that. Be confident in yourself, because that's something they hate and what defeats them! One jaw "problem" doesn't discount all the wonderful things you have to offer the world. Stay strong, and keep fighting - we're all here to support you x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Thank you everyone for the positive comments  <3
  • fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    Hi Kasa, 

I’m sorry to hear you have such a negative view of yourself. We all have time where we think we’re ugly or gross but I can assure you that most people probably don’t think that and that you are better than you see yourself. I am sorry about the bullying, I think we have spoken about this before and bullying knocked my confidence and changed my opinion of myself. Bullying is horrible like that but they are just jealous Kasa and they may be insecure about themselves. I’m not particularly attractive myself but we don’t have a control over that and we should embrace who we are and it is okay to have flaws. Something you thinks ugly other people may think it is beautiful, I’m sure your not ugly Kasa. Remember, having a pretty face is not everything - it maybe might make you popular but that’s not the full picture it is you from within that truly matters. Your true friends are the ones that see you for who you are from within not the ones who judge you by looks. Beauty is found from within, you have a heart Kasa and you need ti hold onto that. It doesn’t matter what anyone says about you, think about the people that make you feel good and like sunshine not the people that act like the clouds. We are all here for you Kasa and I can assure you it will get better - I’m here for you, we all are. 

If you need to talk I’m just a message away. Sending hugs ♥️
    Lauren x
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come «