Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

On my last legs

I’ve been struggling with mental health problems for 3 years now and every time I think it’s getting better I get hit with a serious low where I’ll be feeling suicidal, this is one of those days.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Welcome to our boards, @everydayisabattle

I am sure that when you share more in reaching out, you will be given tremendous support. :)

Best wishes,
    Mandy
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Welcome to the Mix, 

Its very brave of you to come forward with what you are going thought, well done :) 
    The Mix has pages about feeling suicidal and you can share what you are going though to get advice from others. 

I hope you tell us more about what you are going through so that we can help, when you feel ready make a post and we will be here :)
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
    edited August 2018
    Hey welcome,

Sorry to read to read whats brought you here though. I also struggling with suicidal thoughts & it is horrible. If you wanna let us know whats going on for you, we’d be here to support you & we all care about each other here- youre not alone 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    I’ve been struggling with mental health problems for 3 years now and every time I think it’s getting better I get hit with a serious low where I’ll be feeling suicidal, this is one of those days.

Hello everydayisabattle, 

Welcome to the Mix! 
    I’m really sorry to hear that your struggling. I feel the same, one day could feel like a good day but then I hit a low and it just turns suicidal and I feel that a lot. It’s really hard and suicidal thoughts are horrible but if you would like to let us know some more about what things are like for you we can try and help you. Remember your not alone in feeling this way. I care about you, we all do. 

If you don’t feel able to share how your feelings at the moment for the time being you could check out some of The Mix advice pages, there’s a lot of information on mental health and suicidal thoughts, which you may find helpful. 

You can get through this and we will all be with you every step of the way if you need us. 

If you would like to talk some more, I’m only a message away and I’d be happy to talk with you. I might check in with you later to see how your feeling now. 

Best Wishes 
    Lauren 
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Heey, first of all welcome to the boards  :) I hope you find what you're looking for here, we're all a lovely bunch and we'll try to help the best we can  <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Hi everydayisabattle,

Welcome to the forum!x 

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ellyelly Posts: 10 Settling in
    Hope you're doing okay x