Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

May have to have surgery *Trigger Warning*

2»

Comments

• Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    My mum said I could sue the surgeont because its neglect leaving what is in me.
  • Options
    EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    If something goes further wrong then you could sue, but it is a long and stressful process that can also be quite expensive. 

However if you think you might sue then keep a record of what's happening, does taking paracetamol help? and if you see blood in the toilet or brusing on your belly take a picture and write it down.

There are always so many horror medical stories online, reading them might only make you feel worse. As the stories online are always the worst events, but there have been plenty of good outcomes too.  People just don't often write about the good outcomes online, as they are better and don't feel the need to share. You are going to be okay, call 111 or 999 if anything changes. By now it's probably on its way out. 

Besides, most surgeons will operate if something is stuck in your stomach, but not if it had already passed on to your intestinal tract, as Aidan says, operations on the intestines can be more dangerous than letting the object pass on its own. They can tell where the object is from the x-ray, and if it had damaged your stomach in anyway they would not risk leaving it inside you. 

If you are still feeling confused about what to do, see if you can contact the hospital or try 111 and ask questions to get more information about what's going on inside you. They will be able to give you facts where as online posts might be exaggerated or not medically correct. 

I hope the object passes soon, take care of yourself :)  
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Options
    Thankyou Aidan💜
  • Options
    Eyepatch, I've had Co-codamol.

Thankyou for your help💜
  • Options
    You have been really brave, well done. :) 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I duno tbh lol I dunno if it has come out or not. How would I tell? Been reading online though and it said its unlikely to pass in my poop because it's likely it will get stuck somewhere. I hope I still die though😢
  • Options
    Not really
  • Options
    If an object gets stuck you will probably feel some pain and perhaps see a bruise, if this happens please contact a doctor. 

Could you use today to find somethings you really enjoy in life, make a list of your favourite foods or activities to try and give yourself more reasons to enjoy yourself and live. You could also contact Samaritans or the Mix helpline if you would like to talk about it more. 

I really hope you find a positive way though this, I know here on the mix we would miss you very much if anything bad happened.  
  • Options
    I wouldnt really know what to say to themix helpline lol
  • Options
    Perhaps you could @ them here, and then whoever you spoke to will have a chance to read this thread and can learn about what you are going though right now :)  

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    edited August 2018
    Hey @Lostsense

I've just removed a couple of your posts to keep things safe here and also to help keep your thread focused on getting the most support. How are you feeling today? 

It's okay if you're not sure about what to say to The Mix helpline if you wanted to try them. If you let them know that you're not sure what to say, they will ask you questions about how you're feeling to help you. The helpline team are so lovely and will help you in the best way that they can. Samaritans are also there if you wanted to reach out to them too. They offer a safe space where you can talk openly about these overwhelming thoughts and feelings that you're having. How do you feel about reaching out to them? 

I also just wanted to say thank you everyone for all of your lovely support to Lostsense. Remember there is support out there for you too - it's important to look after yourselves :) 

Samaritans are open every day and night. 24 hours. You can chat to them about anything by calling their helpline on 116 123. You can also try our Crisis messenger (you can text THEMIX to 85258) or Papyrus. :) 

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    @Lostsense Texting the mix is a great idea! I really hope you build the courage to send them a message just as you did here :)

Stay safe 
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I've been in a lot of pain today and yesterday
    Post edited by TheMix on
  • Options
    Meaning obviously something is happening
  • Options
    Idk how to reply without saying words that arent allowed😭 I feel like I'm telling half a story here otherwise. So I'll just say thankyou💚
  • Options
    I'm just gona die anyway😢
  • Options
    Hey Lostsense, 

How are you feeling? I really hope you call 111, they are great at helping people. You could even ask a friend or your mum to call for you. Stay strong, we are here for you.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Sad😭😭

I cant call 111 because they'll send an ambulance especially because I'm *blank* I'll have to go for another ×-ray and they might want to do surgery this time. Well, I dont want surgery. I want them to stay in. So I'm stuck😭
    Post edited by TheMix on
  • Options
    Please go to the hospital, if you have taken anything then you have go to let them help. Sometimes we have to accept other peoples help in order to improve our lives. And sometimes we need other people to show us why we should keep on trying. 
  • Options
    If you are worried about not being able to use certain words then private message someone on the Mix, or call Samaritans annoymously 
  • Options
    I have been messaging Themix. I'm just a burden anyway😢
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    So worthless I evan needed a reminder and self-harmed yesterday just to remind me
    Post edited by TheMix on
  • Options
    You are not a burden. You are a person, and every person at some point needs a hand to help them up or a shoulder to lean on. You have nothing to feel ashamed about.  <3
  • Options
    I am worthless and a burden😭

All I can hear is the staff laughing downstairs and I told my support worker that I'm just going to keep hurting myself until I die. I hope it's soon😢 why is life keeping me😭
  • Options
    Why do you feel like a burden? 
    Perhaps something in the universe wants you stay because you can recover and do great things, please keep fighting and try to stay strong 
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    edited August 2018
    Hey folks. Aware we're in private conversation with you about this Lostsense, but just to say we've decided to close this thread. This is because the level of support needed here has gone beyond what a forum can reasonably help with. Again, we'll continue our discussion with you privately Lostsense. :)

Thanks loads to those who have pitched in with their support here. <3
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
This discussion has been closed.