Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What would you like to talk about in Women Only Chats?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:

During the chat break a few of you mentioned that it might be cool to sometimes have a discussion theme for all or part of Women's Only chats.

We're thinking about trialling this out so we'd like to hear what you'd like to talk about :chin:

Attachment not found.

This is a chance to think about issues that affect us as women or broader issues that you'd like to have a group discussion about.

For example it might be a chance to talk about time of the month and how it affects us. Or it might be an opportunity to talk about building self esteem or how can we learn to love our bodies.

Share your ideas here and we'll pool them together and try some out over the coming months.

:yes:

Comments

• Options
    Self esteem and how to love our bodies seems good. Does this mean if its themed we're unable to get support?
  • Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hiccup wrote: »
    Self esteem and how to love our bodies seems good. Does this mean if its themed we're unable to get support?

It's all about trying things out - I'd imagine maybe 20/30 mins on a themed discussion and then the rest of the time for general support as usual - nothing is set in stone yet, we're just gathering ideas at the mo :)

What do you think might work?

-Jo7
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    TheSite wrote: »

It's all about trying things out - I'd imagine maybe 20/30 mins on a themed discussion and then the rest of the time for general support as usual - nothing is set in stone yet, we're just gathering ideas at the mo :)

What do you think might work?

-Jo7

I like the idea of a 20-30 minute themed discussion maybe towards the end so like 9:10pm-ish
  • Options
    Boobs
  • Options
    Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    body image, self esteem, healthy eating
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    jpeople111 wrote: »
    body image, self esteem, healthy eating

I am interested in the above ^

What about goal setting, positive thinking,, ways to relax etc. (But those could be done in non-gender specific chats).
  • Options
    Keep your ideas coming everyone :yes:
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    Lol
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    Periods?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Kasa2103 said:
    Periods?
    This is a two year old discussion and no longer relevant, so I'm going to close this thread now. Feel free to submit more general feedback via PM or this form. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
This discussion has been closed.