Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pro rata per annum

KalainKalain Posts: 2 Newbie
Hi all can anyone help my.... I have seen a job advertised that I would be interested in applying for but worried about the pay I am struggling to work out how much I would get a month. The advert says the following:
Salary - £27285 pro rata per annum
Hours - Part time
Contract type - fixed term/contract
FTE 0.19 (20 hours per week)
Term: Fixed (until 31st August 2018)

Can anyone help me work out how much I would get a month

Thanks

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Heey, and welcome!
    Not sure if this is correct but according to Google it should be about £1140... based on full time being 40 hours.. :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hi Kalain,

For FTE, I think you mean 0.5 FTE? 0.19 FTE would be 7.6 hours a week, or an hour and a half per day haha!

And in terms of how much you would get a month, you'd get £1136.88 per month (gross income), and £1046.38 per month (net income).

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • KalainKalain Posts: 2 Newbie
    The job advert definitely 0.19 FTE and 20 hours not 0.5 as you suggested that is why I am a bit confused!
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Plus you will have to pay income tax and a percentage of national insurance on your monthly salary.

On a lighter side, welcome to the forum. :)