Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feeling of numbness and loss of interest.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently I've been feeling more and more numb emotionally. When I'm not feeling numb I'm angry or upset. I've also lost interest in multiple things I used to love such as graphic design, my university course and video games. I'm finding it really difficult to get out of bed and have been feeling this way for around a month now. What should I do?

Comments

• Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I'm sorry you've been feeling this way, i would urge you to see your GP though, it could be a number of things causing this but you won't know til you've been checked out :) hope you start to feel a bit more up to things soon, also welcome to the boards! :):heart:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    RachelRachel Posts: 27 Boards Initiate
    Hi Tom!

Welcome! It's great that you're reaching out here, it's definitely a great way to get advice and hopefully I and the lovely people here can be of some help.

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling down at the moment, but know that this won't last forever and you are not alone. @BubblesGoesBoo his quite right in suggesting that you visit your GP as they will be able to offer you support and information on the feelings you are experiencing right now. I would also encourage you to reach out to any family or close friends that you trust if you feel as though you are in the position to do so as having someone to talk to when things get difficult can be really helpful and in my experience people can really surprise you with how supportive they are.

I hope that things improve soon and that you're doing okay tonight.

Rachel xx
  • Options
    NikkiNikki Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hi TomWalls,

How are you? Hope you are feeling better today.

It sounds like you have been feeling numb for a while and it is frustrating to feel this way when things were going well. The fact that it is effecting activities that you used to enjoy must be upsetting. There are often numerous reasons why you are feeling this way and your next best step would be to speak to your GP or university counsellor. They would be able to assess your symptoms and maybe provide a diagnosis. Would you be comfortable reaching out to your doctor?
    You are not alone in struggling with these emotions, and reaching out on here is such a brave step. Hope you find some comfort today, and let us know how you are getting on.

Nikki :)
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Hi TomWalls,

Sorry to hear how you feel. Do you know what is bringing you down? I'd suggest seeing a uni counsellor to talk about thisx

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Va life coachVa life coach Posts: 3 Newbie
    Hi Tom ,

I would suggest trying to change your diet, it could be that you are eating something that you don't tolerate well. What you eat can definitely affect the way you think and act, it may sound crazy but it is true. Also I would recommend some physical activity to stimulate body and nervous system.
    Find the strength to go out there and do something.

I wish you all the best!

Va life coach
  • Options
    MochanMochan Posts: 65 Boards Initiate
    Hi Tom. Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling numb, angry and upset. It can be difficult to focus on anything when you feel this way, but you should feel proud of the fact that you're trying to get help and I hope you feel supported here. You mentioned that you are taking a university course. Are you able to talk to someone at the university? Is there a university counsellor or GP available?