Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Not again

AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
I am having an issue again ... with the boards. Not the spammer one as last time but when ever I post a comment on the boards or send a message I always have to refresh the page.

Key information
It' happened a lot more on chrome that edge.
it' not just on one devise its happens on my tablet, phone as well my laptop

if anyone else is having the same issue please let me know so I know that I'm not alone.

sorry to bother you.

speak soon

Abi
Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Hey Abi.

The same has always seemed to happen to me and I need to refresh the page and then the comment works and the page loads again.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Me too... and it's been an ongoing irritant for a couple of years.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Ok that's fine I'm not alone with this one. They say try and use chrome for chats but the boards play up. the fun!
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    I've never liked using Chrome for the forum for the same reason. I've always used Firefox. You're not alone, @Abigail
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Abigail wrote: »
    I am having an issue again ... with the boards. Not the spammer one as last time but when ever I post a comment on the boards or send a message I always have to refresh the page.

Key information
    It' happened a lot more on chrome that edge.
    it' not just on one devise its happens on my tablet, phone as well my laptop

if anyone else is having the same issue please let me know so I know that I'm not alone.

sorry to bother you.

speak soon

Abi

I use Chrome and I get the same thing. I don't find it annoying though - it just means you have to press F5 to post, and that's not a big issue at all!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey folks :wave:

Apologies for the delay in responding to this - it's been pretty hectic here since mid-Dec!

We share your frustration here (we really do). Unfortunately we can't fix the infinite loading wheel issue, but as @Azziman pointed out it's just a case of hitting F5 once you've posted. If it's a particularly long post, it might be good to copy it to your clipboard (super quick way to do that is Crtl+A then Ctrl+C). Then even if the worst case happens and your post hasn't gone through, you've got it saved ready to submit again. :)

We do have plans to migrate to new forum software soon, which should fix a lot of issues that we see being reported with VBulletin (the software we currently use). Thank you for bearing with us, folks - we'll get there. :yes:

Mike
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.