Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Chats tonight (Wednesday 06/12/2017)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
UPDATE: We'll definitely be using the new software tonight. We'd recommend using any browser except Internet Explorer or Edge - for some reason, while using those browsers, it shows you duplicates of every message (meaning you see everything twice). It works perfectly on the other browsers though!

Morning all :rainbow2:

Support chat and general chat are running tonight, both from 8-9:45pm (15 minutes extra so we can spend some time getting used to the new software :) ).

Support chat: A place to talk about anything on your mind in a safe, supportive environment. Elena and Rayne will be modding.

General chat: A place for more light-hearted chat about pretty much anything be it TV, music, the weather, that hilarious video you saw on YouTube etc. Sand will be modding.

NB: Today is also the launch of our new chat software! I'll post here once we're finished implementing it to confirm that it's working and that we're definitely using it tonight. :)

Stay tuned for an update!

Mike
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Posting so I remember to check back - I have the memory of a goldfish 😂😂
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    giphy.gif

Success! We'll definitely be using ChatWee tonight.

We are aware of one issue you folks raised where, on Internet Explorer, you see doubles of every message. We're not sure why this is happening or how to fix it, so for the time being we'd suggest using another browser. It functions perfectly on all others. :)

Mike
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    The Mix wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Success! We'll definitely be using ChatWee tonight.

We are aware of one issue you folks raised where, on Internet Explorer, you see doubles of every message. We're not sure why this is happening or how to fix it, so for the time being we'd suggest using another browser. It functions perfectly on all others. :)

Mike

Yaaaaaaay!!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I'll just have to make do with seeing double or die trying because I can't use any other browsers :crying: :lol::lol::lol:

(also I think you forgot to add links Mike :lol:)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Laine wrote: »
    I'll just have to make do with seeing double or die trying because I can't use any other browsers :crying: :lol::lol::lol:

(also I think you forgot to add links Mike :lol:)

Me too, and unless I use my phone (which I will try to do) IE is the only one I can use! Bring on the doubles ;)

And I was gonna say about the link ;)@The Mix do we just join from the normal place?
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    I have to assume you can entre in the normal way but here the link from Saturdays chat - https://themix.chatwee-api.com/index.html

​Ps I don't know how to do that fancy click 'Here' thing
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    Thanks Abi, I dont know how to do that either. I just went on to that link and registered an account so I don't have to do it later lol! EXCITED!

Oh P.S. I found the link on Saturdays chat thread, I'm not superwoman who can register in less than a minute!
    Thanks Abi!
    i'm useless at finding these sorts of things :lol:

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Abigail I was scratching my head thinking wheres it flipping gone? :confused:

So now I know - super! I'm as excited as Eleanor. :d
    When I went on there it seemed to load better than it did on Saturday - which is great!
  • CharlotteCharlotte Posts: 229 Trailblazer
    click here

​you mean this thing
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    I am not going to be signing up for an account because you have to give your email address. I dont want people to have my full name. I want to enter confidentially so is it cool if i just come as a guest?
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Charlotte wrote: »
    click here

​you mean this thing

Yes. :)

For those of you who have Edge or IE as your default browser, you could still download Firefox Quantum (their latest, very fast, similar to Google Chrome) to access the new chat (saving its URL to access it once you've downloaded), and leaving it on your phone/computer for chat use only.

For computers: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

For Mobiles: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/mobile/

Hey guys!

So, that link you have for Saturday's session will not work. That was our testing area, not the real thing. To access the chat tonight, you'll need to go via the group chat page and click on the 'join' links. There will also be an option to open chat in fullscreen for those of you who prefer that. :)@Abigail[/USER] [USER="95994"]independent_[/USER] [USER="99682"]Laine[/USER] [USER="96350"]Charlotte[/USER] [USER="102342"]Princesa

@Jellyelephant - yep, of course coming as a guest is completely fine. :)

Mike

Princesa wrote: »

Yes. :)

For those of you who have Edge or IE as your default browser, you could still download Firefox Quantum (their latest, very fast, similar to Google Chrome) to access the new chat (saving its URL to access it once you've downloaded), and leaving it on your phone/computer for chat use only.

For computers: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

For Mobiles: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/mobile/

Thank you Princesa! :)

Mike

• LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    I am not going to be signing up for an account because you have to give your email address. I dont want people to have my full name. I want to enter confidentially so is it cool if i just come as a guest?

I just realised the exactly the same thing about half an hour ago! I was going to ask here why we have to put our email address in to make an account for chat but then thought nah wasent going to ask but then saw your comment and wanted to say that you could make up an email address and then sign up for chat if you dont already have any other email addresses. Its very quick and easy to make an email address ☺
    Lostsense wrote: »

I just realised the exactly the same thing about half an hour ago! I was going to ask here why we have to put our email address in to make an account for chat but then thought nah wasent going to ask but then saw your comment and wanted to say that you could make up an email address and then sign up for chat if you dont already have any other email addresses. Its very quick and easy to make an email address ☺

Yep! Great point, Lostsense. You can also use a burner email address (a temporary one) if you like, which you don't need to register anything for. Maildropcc is one option - just register with the address they give you. :)

Mike

Will the account I registered still work? Guess we'll soon find out!
    Looking like its not going to work for me and my laptop which is a shame, hope its working for everyone else at least :lol:

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Well,

tried several browsers and none of which has seemed to work so not quite sure what's gone on :chin:

but looks like chat is no go for me hopefully at least just for tonight x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

oh what fun the chat was! :hyper:
    It's stopped loading for me at the mo lol stupid BT!
    It's stopped loading for me at the mo lol stupid BT!

Did you get it back up again, Eleanor?

Did you get it back up again, Eleanor?

Nah the join buttons disappeared at 9:30!

Nah the join buttons disappeared at 9:30!

That's a bummer. Maybs next time you'll have more success! :>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>

That's a bummer. Maybs next time you'll have more success! :>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>

I cba revising tonight so will try it on my laptop!

I cba revising tonight so will try it on my laptop!

Hi Eleanor :)

Phones are handy, but their screens are rather small. I think using your laptop for new chat will give more joy and less frustration. Your laptop's larger screen also means seeing larger font and you'll see the whole of the new chat. :rainbow2: