Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Chats tonight (Wednesday 19/07/2017)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey guys,

Support chat and general chat are running tonight, both from 8-9:30pm.

Support chat: A place to talk about anything on your mind in a safe, supportive environment. Elena and Amy will be modding.

General chat: A place for more light-hearted chat about pretty much anything be it TV, music, the weather, that hilarious video you saw on YouTube etc. Sand and James will be modding.

Following on from a recent incident with a spammer, we'll be passwording all chat rooms until we fix the problem. The password for the chat rooms tonight will be TheAmazingSpiderman. :thumb:

EDIT: we're disabling the password for tonight - we think we've managed to fix the issue.

You can find the 'join' links on this page from 8pm. :)

Have a good one!

Mike
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture

:angel:
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Quick update on this - we think we've managed to patch the exploit being used by the spammers, so we'll be disabling the password for tonight. One less thing to worry about!

Mike
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Right... I can finally stop saying "TheAmazingSpiderman" out loud and to myself. Have been saying it since I saw this thread at like 12! Haha. I kept saying "Athena90" to myself yesterday and couldn't even get in - crappy 3G lol!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Is anyone else getting "name not available"
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Yeah Shaunie I am too, can't seem to log in even as a guest x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting "name not available"
    yeah i am getting this too, I cant get into chat :(
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Yaaa me too!! @The Mix HELP WE CAN'T GET IN 😂😂😂
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Hey guys.

We're not really sure why this is happening - I'm just trying a few things to see if we can fix it. Moderators are able to access the rooms but for some reason it looks like you guys can't. Bear with me a sec and keep letting us know if you get any other problems or if you manage to fix it. :)

Sorry!

Mike

Tried logging in as "Indiecantlogin" (im pretty sure this would be available) as a guest and still no. Weird.
    Maybe happened as an effect of the stopping the spam thing.
  • CharlotteCharlotte Posts: 229 Trailblazer
    I can't get in aswell
    We've got reinforcements on the way folks - James is going to see if he can help out. Bit more tech savvy than us. ;)

Mike

Even "TheAmazingSpiderman" user name isnt working 😂
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Hahaha I wish I'd tried AmazingSpiderman

James will sort it out lol
    Hahahaha, even Spidey can't fix dodgy chat room software. :lol:

While chat is still being annoying and broken, feel free to use this space to talk to each other. We can have a chat boards thread until things are up and running again. :)

Mike

Hahaha Aidan. Mine is... strictly private😂😂😂
  • CharlotteCharlotte Posts: 229 Trailblazer
    Need new chat room software
    On a serious note though how is everyone?
    @Charlotte apparently that's happening!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i cant get in
    II was like... no one else shares my username so why the f*** can't I get in?
    Hey guys,

Sorry about all this - looks like the steps we took to foil the spammer broke chat! :blush:
    We think it's sorted now, so do try again :)

James

So, we've restarted the server and it seems to have worked - you should be able to get in. :) Does it work for you guys now?

Mike

I'm great

Guys picture this

Im eating chips and im just thinking - Chips with sauce in ?
    Like I'm going places

May go on dragons den.
    Or contact hienz and kccan
    Aidan wrote: »
    I'm a little worried about a friend who I've not heard from in a while, but otherwise I'm fine thanks Elle :) hows u?

Aw no I hope you hear from your friend soon.

M good!
    Okily dokily... I'm gonna try get in. Bloody spammers eh? I think I missed a bit of drama on Monday night!
    Shaunie wrote: »
    I'm great

Guys picture this

Im eating chips and im just thinking - Chips with sauce in ?
    Like I'm going places

May go on dragons den.
    Or contact hienz and McCain

I'll come back to this when i see chips with sauce inside - inside Sainsbury's 😂😂
    Maybe would be soggy 🤔 would need to be big chips.

All think of me when you're trying chips with sauce in. Wont You ?