Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Life is too stressful

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
I spend to much time thinking about life, why we are here and things like what happens after death. More than I'm actually living. I can't question it and live it til I know the answers. Know the actual reason and point of being here. Cause i really dont get it. Cause in the less morbid way - we all die. Maybe i need to turn religious or something idk. But i need some hope.

Im always questioning in my head other peoples lives. And always thinking are they actually enjoying life as well. And I also question - does everyone experience depression at some point in their lives?And why does life bring so much suffering. Im not sure if I'm the only one who constantly thinks this instead of doing something about it. But I'm trying to find things I am grateful off in life and starting from there. And I'm trying to get my mood to a 1 to a 2. By doing smallest of things like showering and getting out of bed. But i just want to feel straight to a 10 and I just don't know how to. And trying to find a hobby but my moods not changing and i dont seem interested in anything. Im starting medication soon and im quite hopeful that may work. But I Can't even be bothered to even meet anyone - feels to stressful - yet I'm reallyy lonely. Nothing is enjoyable anymore. And feels like no matter how much im going to try to feel better, its not going to chnage the fact i cant handle the stresses of life. I just want to stay in bed and not live life and wait til i die to aviod stress cause i clearly can't handle it.
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    But then it's unlikely anyone is always going to feel like a 10 on a scale of 1-10. Probably be happy with 6,7 or 8 though. And be stable.
    Takes time.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    I'm meeting my friend in a minute and im over thinking it and i always feel uncomfortable eating out. And just want to cancel :( but ive cancelled to many times
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Heya Shaunie. Lots of big questions in there and I won't try to answer them ;) but these are totally normal things to think about, particularly if you're having a crap time of it. The meaning/purpose of life is a really interesting one, and makes me think of this quote from Neil deGrasse Tyson:
    I think people ask that question on the assumption that meaning is something you can look for, and then, ‘Oh, I found it! Here’s meaning, here’s what it is.’ And it doesn’t consider the possibility that maybe meaning in life is something that you create, that you manufacture for yourself and others. When I think of ‘meaning’ in life, I ask, ‘Have I learned something today that I didn’t know yesterday?’ Bringing me a little closer to knowing all that can be known in the universe. Just a little closer, however far away all the knowledge sits. If I live a day and I don’t know a little more that day than the day before, I think I wasted that day.

Not entirely relevant and may not help the way you're feeling, but thought I'd share anyway. :) You could take what he said there and make it about being happy rather than knowing more about the universe; creating a comfortable, happy life for yourself perhaps.
    Shaunie wrote:
    But then it's unlikely anyone is always going to feel like a 10 on a scale of 1-10. Probably be happy with 6,7 or 8 though. And be stable.
    Takes time.
    Totally agree with this - it certainly can take time and no one is going to feel like they're on cloud nine all the time. Building up from 1 to 2, to 3, to 4 etc. like you said can be a really good way to go about improving our overall mood and quality of life. Sometimes it can take all we have to just get dressed or shower and that's okay and worth being proud of. Baby steps forward are still steps forward, right? :yes:

Any fresh thoughts on what you said in your original post? :chin: And did you end up meeting your friend today?

*hug*
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Hey

I really like that quote. I read something the other day which said something similar and read " there is no purpose of life, living is the purpose" which I quite liked. Ijust think it's just uncertainty of death. And not being happy makes it have no purpose to existence but then read stuff like its also about being useful and being unhappy make other times feel better and all that. And healing and hard time is part of life.. My answer is to probably stop questioning. But just feel so mean less

I did go out with my friend and wasn't too shabby but didn't exactly love it but didn't exactly hate every second of it.
    But brought a bike and seeing if i can find a hobby In that. But think okay cause I'm trying to feel better now. But then longer i keep trying and get nowhere the more shit I'm going to feel and feel Even more like giving up

Thank you