Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Film club week 3: MRS DOUBTFIRE.

louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey guys

So this weeks film is Mrs doubtfire. This is the thread to just discuss the film and compare opinions.
There are few questions below to get you started. Feel free to use some, none or all of them and of course ask your questions too!

Did you like the film? why/why not?
How did this film make you feel?
Do you think this film has a message?
Do you think the dad's actions were wrong?
Do you think this film is important?
What was your favourite part?
What was your least favourite part?
Do you agree with the films genre being "comedy"?
Is there a alternative way you would have liked the film to end?

Looking forward to hearing from you all

Louisa x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    My response:
    I love this film so much its a nice "feel good" film. I think this film does have a message but i think its aimed at adults, as if to say "we know divorce is tough, but you have to put the children first and not share you anger with the other parent with the children" I don't necisarily think the dads actions were wrong but i think he could have dealt with things in a slightly different way, but i felt like becoming mrs doubtfire needed to happen even if it was an interesting way to get to see the children.

My favourite part is when the mask falls out the window and he puts cream all over his face. My least favourite part is when the mum cuts the time short with the dad when they are eating take away at his house, i don't think it was fair. I would describe this as comedy as its hilarious! The ending was a predictable soppy ending, but i love it and i feel like the film needed to end this way <3
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Really great film.

I love it.

Also just wanna say what a fab job your doing lovely one. So glad film club is able to still be a thing.

Super happy :thumb: :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Really great film.

I love it.

Also just wanna say what a fab job your doing lovely one. So glad film club is able to still be a thing.

Super happy :thumb: :heart:

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,614 Legendary Poster
    I love love love this film!! I haven't seen it for years and years though. Might have to watch it again!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”