Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Scared of being 19 years old

Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
Hi I just wanted to know am I still a teenager or a young person at age 19 because I am also finding that scary already just the same thing when I was 18 last year?

Comments

• Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Hi👋

I dont actually know what age we become a young person from a teen.

But I say from 20-25 your a young person as 19 is still nine(teen) thats my look at it. That might be an hilarious way at looking at it🤣

Nothing to be scared about though becomming a young person rather than a teen. I just wanted to ask is there anything that is making you feel scared about coming a young person from a teen?
  • Options
    Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Lostsense wrote: »
    Hi👋

I dont actually know what age we become a young person from a teen.

But I say from 20-25 your a young person as 19 is still nine(teen) thats my look at it. That might be an hilarious way at looking at it🤣

Nothing to be scared about though becomming a young person rather than a teen. I just wanted to ask is there anything that is making you feel scared about coming a young person from a teen?

Oh thank you for your help I already knew that when someone turns 18 or 19 they would still be a teenager or a young person even. The reason why I am scared about adulthood because of the pressures and responsibilities of it so I really want someone to start helping me properly on this one as this is very challenging for me.👍🙏🏻
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    Are there any specific pressures and responsibilities that you are worried about?

​Even when you leave your teen years and become a young adult, though there are more pressures to do things like get into uni, find a job or move out, pay rent/bills etc., no-body will expect you to have 'got it' over night. It's more of a learning process and takes time. Many young adults may look like they have it all together but actually don't feel that way at all. The best advice is to do things when you feel ready, and take small steps by breaking down big goals into smaller ones. There's absolutely no rush to get things right at all :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.