Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mistresses

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why do they choose to have affairs with married men? What's the attraction?

Comments

• Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 627 Incredible Poster
    Perhaps they like the secrecy of an affair, especially one that might be considered 'off-limits' with a married person?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    But the large majority of women say that they hate men who cheat, and that they hate women who have affairs with married men. Most women say that monogamy is massively important and that they would never have sex with someone who is in a relationship with someone else. Why go against all of that?

In many cases, the married man impregnates her, and he will usually want absolutely nothing to do with her or the baby after that. Do they want to be pregnant by married men and to be single mothers from day one? Are they deluded into thinking that he will leave his wife and children for his bit on the side?

Many people say that the fear of being slut-shamed stops most women from having sex other than within a monogamous LTR. Why doesn't that fear deter them from affairs with married men?
  • Options
    How is a single girl who's having an affair with a rich older married man typically viewed by her friends, colleagues etc.? Is she looked down on as a homewrecker and gold-digger - or looked up to and congratulated for bagging a man who showers her with loads of expensive presents, wines & dines her at top restaurants, takes her on holiday to the Maldives etc.?