Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What Songs keep you going?

AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
Spam this thread with all the songs that just keep you going or even ones that make you get up and dance, ones that make you feel good about being yourself.

My song is...

Witch Doctor:

And Hey Mickey:

PS. If a moderator is passing, could you make my video's so it shows the actual video, and would also be good to know how you do, so let me know, as there used to be a link for it, but there doesn't seem to be anymore! :chin:

Comments

• LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    The Chainsmokers-setting fires
    MO-Drum
    Wildhood-Whole
    And
    Clean bandit-rockabye

From his performance on the x-factor
    Robbie Williams-love my life
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - Kelly Clarkson (the lyrics are inspirational when things are tough)
    Happy- pharrrell williams

And probably more I can't think of
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    I love Kelly Clarkson with that song it will always remind me back to when I was in the psychiatric ward and we did music therapy and another patient choose Kelly Clarkson and that song.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmPFioq1l6o - The Proclaimers - I would walk 500 miles, which is just an amazing song, sat singing along to it in the Library xD
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    apandav wrote: »
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - Kelly Clarkson (the lyrics are inspirational when things are tough)
    Happy- pharrrell williams

And probably more I can't think of

Just post them as they come to you! :yes:

I've just come across so many old songs I used to love listening to, and I just wanted to start this thread to see if I could expand my music taste, completely agree on the Kelly Clarkson one though, she has such a beautiful voice and such a powerful song.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    The Balcony by The Rumour Said Fire never fails to lift me up when I'm feeling like rubbish. It's also super comforting if you don't really want to be lifted up, so works both ways. Lil' bit of a tear jerker as well. :heart:

@WhispersOfTheHeart I edited your main post to include the video player for the links you posted. :)

For anyone who doesn't know, you can click on the video icon under the text options and paste the link into the box it gives you. NB: you have to make sure it says http rather than https. You can also just use the video tags and it'll show up in exactly the same way (you still need to remove the s):

[ VIDEO ] putthelinkhere [ /VIDEO ] (no spaces)

Hope I explained that well enough to avoid confusion!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    "Don't be so hard on Yourself" by Jess Glynn
    "Fight Song" by Rachel Platten
  • RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    For me, Its anything from the two following artists, Framing Hanley and MGK
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Without a doubt - this song always gets me feeling happy and up to dance! :heart: