Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Boosting mental health with brain training

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
Hey folks,

I came across this infographic on how brain training can be used to improve mental health and thought it might be of interest.

Any thoughts? Does anyone actively try and keep on top of these, and do they make a difference? :chin:

Gaming_Brain_Training.jpg
bingo_games_to_train_the_brain.jpg
The truth resists simplicity.

Comments

• Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 644 Incredible Poster
    Wasn't expecting it to reference Bingo that's for sure haha

I used to play a lot of Sudoku, and I think it helped me concentrate more. After not playing it for a while, I definitely noticed I wasn't as good as I used to be. As for video games, I mostly play the Sims, so that doesn't need a good reaction time :p But I find the Sims to be a good outlet for expressing creativity as I enjoy designing, building and decorating houses. Not sure if either of those things have helped in other areas of my life though....
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.