Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Saying goodbye to the boards...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone :wave:

As you can probably tell from the title of this thread I'll soon be saying goodbye to the discussion boards here at The Mix.

I've been modding as part of the team since 2008 :crazyeyes so it feels like a really big change for me. I'm really going to miss you all!!

I have so many fond memories from working with you and getting to know you all that will stay with me forever. I've grown up during my time with The Mix and I've learnt so much from the experiences you have all so bravely shared with each other and with me.

At the end of June I'll be moving on to a new role helping to roll out online counselling services across the country, I'm also getting married and cracking on with my training to become a counsellor myself, I have another year to go with that so I'm going to be pretty busy!

The good news is that I hope to still keep a weekly chat night so I'll be able to stay in the loop with you all but you won't see me responding to board threads or PMs after the end of June. I might pop back at Christmas time to help out or with the odd workshop but we'll have to wait and see.

I know there has been a lot of change lately and change can be really hard and unsettling :(

Rest assured though, I have total confidence in the team at The Mix, they are so passionate about what they do and you're all in really good hands, everything they do they do with your best interests at heart and I am proud to have worked alongside them all.

You are all resilient, smart and amazing people and it's you guys that make this place what it is so look after it and look after each other :yes:

Byebye for now :heart:

Comments

• Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Noooo, goodbye Jo! :(

Going to miss you because you have helped me so much and always been so understanding of what im going through, i wish you all the best with everything you do, hope the wedding goes smoothly and is the highlight of your life, you deserve to relax after all the support that you given us, i am thankful that i have found The Mix, feels like such a lovely and supportive community - GOOD LUCK with becoming a counsellor, i bet you will will such a great counsellor :)

From
    Jessica
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    jpeople111 wrote: »
    Noooo, goodbye Jo! :(

Going to miss you because you have helped me so much and always been so understanding of what im going through, i wish you all the best with everything you do, hope the wedding goes smoothly and is the highlight of your life, you deserve to relax after all the support that you given us, i am thankful that i have found The Mix, feels like such a lovely and supportive community - GOOD LUCK with becoming a counsellor, i bet you will will such a great counsellor :)

From
    Jessica

Thanks Jess!! It's been great to see you settle in here over the last few months and get so involved in helping others too.

I'll still see you in chat now and then :)
    Jo!! Absolutely gutted, I know I've not spoke to you in a while since you moved to Tuesday chats anyway, but I will really miss you! I know you'll be fab in everything you're doing, and I wish you the best of luck with absolutely everything!! Don't forget Biebz ;)
    Xxxx
    Please tell me this is a prank and you just wanted to get back at us for being annoying sometimes!?
    That's rubbish. You'll be seriously missed by everyone here. I hope everything turns out amazing for you :heart::heart:
    Thanks @Enchanted[/USER] and [USER="48607"]butterfly123 I'll miss you both too!

I won't forget Biebz ;)

Butterfly, you have come so so far since I first met you. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and you'll get there, tons of luck with everything *hug*
  • Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    We need to have a leaving party @Jo7 *on my knees begging*
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I'm gonna miss you Jo. I just want to say thank you for all your support through the difficult times in person at weekenders and online. You give good hugs. I honestly cant thank you enough. I wish you all the luck with everything in the future. Your going to be fab as a counsellor. Take care :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Best of luck for the future Jo, thanks for everything :) I'll really miss seeing you around the boards!

Kate
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Josephine Y u do dis.

Good luck with the marriage and the counselling thing

Will miss you so much on the boards, won't be the same without you

Hann
    Consider this thread my leaving party thread @jpeople111 ;) :d

Thanks for the lovely messages @*BananaMonkey*[/USER] [USER="44074"]plugitin[/USER] and [USER="68899"]Hann I'll miss being around the boards too, it's always so rewarding to see people taking that risk to share their worries and feelings and then seeing all the support they get and the steps they start to take to move forward.

Good luck to all of you as well, although I don't think you need luck as you're all awesome :yes:
    Jo!

Thank you so much for all the help and advice you've given me over the years, it only seems like yesterday when I first joined and had all those awful times. You and the gang back when I started made me feel so welcome when I hadn't experienced much kindness in my life. You always took the time to help me out whichever way you could and I'll ALWAYS be grateful for that, you helped me to get my life on track when things were so so desperate and were always there to listen no matter the issue big or small. I hope that you feel really really great knowing that you and the other guys were literal lifesavers at a time when I truly had nobody. I've changed an awful lot over the years in a good way I believe and part of the thanks is down to you and lots of other guys on TheSite ( which I know it's not now but it always will be to me!).

Have fun in your new adventures as a counsellor, you also don't need luck, you'll be brilliant at it because you already are. The boards will miss your wise words but it's good that you're sticking around for some chats, hopefully will see you around in those at some point.

Oh and all the best with the wedding! I am also getting married at the end of the year I'll send you some of my cake if you send some of yours :D

So bye but not really bye because we will still see you in chats occasionally!

From your username number twin
    hmmm7
    :D
    hmmm7 wrote: »
    Jo!

Thank you so much for all the help and advice you've given me over the years, it only seems like yesterday when I first joined and had all those awful times. You and the gang back when I started made me feel so welcome when I hadn't experienced much kindness in my life. You always took the time to help me out whichever way you could and I'll ALWAYS be grateful for that, you helped me to get my life on track when things were so so desperate and were always there to listen no matter the issue big or small. I hope that you feel really really great knowing that you and the other guys were literal lifesavers at a time when I truly had nobody. I've changed an awful lot over the years in a good way I believe and part of the thanks is down to you and lots of other guys on TheSite ( which I know it's not now but it always will be to me!).

Have fun in your new adventures as a counsellor, you also don't need luck, you'll be brilliant at it because you already are. The boards will miss your wise words but it's good that you're sticking around for some chats, hopefully will see you around in those at some point.

Oh and all the best with the wedding! I am also getting married at the end of the year I'll send you some of my cake if you send some of yours :D

So bye but not really bye because we will still see you in chats occasionally!

From your username number twin
    hmmm7
    :D

Awww, thanks @hmmm7 for your lovely message, now I'm feeling emosh!! Hehe..You have come such a long way since we first met, I feel really proud of you!

I hope to catch you in chat now and then and wish you all the best with your wedding later in the year, how exciting!! Yes to the cake trade ;)

Bye for now *hug*
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Will miss seeing you around the boards Jo- you have been so helpful and I think you will be an amazing counsellor!! :)

Best wishes and good luck for moving forward in your career and getting married.
    Hey Jo, best of luck for the future, you're brilliant and will be missed. Thank you so much for everything, your encouragement, your kind words and for being positive and supportive.
    :)
    apandav wrote: »
    Will miss seeing you around the boards Jo- you have been so helpful and I think you will be an amazing counsellor!! :)

Best wishes and good luck for moving forward in your career and getting married.

Thanks @apandav :d:d
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Crikey, did not expect it to be you posting a farewell boards, thread. Its about time we saw the back of you though ;) - You've been an absolutely amazing assesst to TheMix's online team and I can't begin to express how much you will be missed! Not gonnna go on an emotional haul of words, cause, not how I roll! - But all the best for the future, and you'll be an honestly amazing counsellor. Like I honestly look up to you so much, so, yeah, peace out.