Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Suicidal thoughts - Help!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    The Mix wrote: »
    Hey - how are you getting on with the app @jpeople111 ?

It's good to hear you're thinking about talking to the GP again, I'm sorry to hear you've not felt taken seriously. Have you managed to book an appointment?

The app is great and yes i have managed to book another GP appointment - got an appointment on the 24th - been told yesterday that there is a 6-8 month wait to see a behereavement counsellor so im really pissed off because i need support sooner than later - i feel like i will need to do something drastic to get people to even notice how much support i need and that i need it quicker.
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Ugh - what a long wait :(

That's really frustrating for you and I'm sorry you feel you need to do something in order for people to take you seriously. That shouldn't be the way it is :no: please do try and stay safe.

Well done for booking the GP, don't be afraid to really ask for what you need at this appointment and be as honest as you can about how you have been feeling and also about not being taken seriously.

I may have given you this link before but if not, it might be worth searching to see if there are any other counselling agencies in your area that offer support: http://www.youthaccess.org.uk/find-your-local-service/

Cruse are also an option for bereavement support and may be able to help during this wait: http://www.cruse.org.uk/bereavement-services

Keep us posted on how things are going.

Jo
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.