Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

i feel like im going nuts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm not sure really where to start. I guess I'll start by saying I grew up in a small town where I knew everyone and was liked by everyone. Was really outgoing. Over the years I did start to become timid and more reserved but didn't have any negative impact. The last 3 year's I have been living in a different state away from lush green trees lakes and of course my best friends and family. Anyways I'll skip to it. I don't know very many poeple here got a couple friends and couple family members I talk to. I don't feel like I belong here. I'm shy and have anxiety so I deter away from places with crowds. I feel super lonely and don't have anyone close in this state to give me any advice on this issue. So my issue is no matter how hard I try not to my mind is always thinking that I like someone that I don't. Kinda like I'll hang out at work and have to battle these unwanted thoughts. And it is a battle a stressful one. I don't want to think like this. I have no idea hitch thoughts are normal (like I'm admiring something about poeple and it's ok) idk. I hope somebody could kinda get what I'm trying to say or tell me what kind of in balance it is. Just anxiety perhaps ocd

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey dory, welcome to TheSite :wave:

Firstly well done for posting.

Just wondering have you been to speak to your doctor about what's going on?

Have you thought about maybe starting a hobby around an interest, to meet new people.

I can totally relate to feeling shy, but I know for me once I get used to new people I am okay.

I hope you begin to feel better soon.

Let us know how your doing, and do keep posting if you want.

We are here for you

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    Hey, dory. Welcome to the boards. :wave:

It's totally understandable to have these sorts of doubts and questions, I'd say particularly if you're of a shy and anxious nature.

That line between appreciating something about someone or admiring them and wanting a further/deeper connection with someone can be a blurry one. It's probably a fork in the road that most people come to when getting to know someone (I know I do) and it's totally normal to need to think about it. I know, especially if I'm feeling particularly lonely, I tend to have a tougher time finding that boundary with people. When you add introversion and anxiety in to the mix it can somethings make you even more unsure, and having all these thoughts rattling around in our heads at once can make for a tough space to think and see things clearly.

Do you want to tell us more about the unwanted thoughts you say you're battling?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.