Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wanted: Christmas elves. Let's look out for each other

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
wave.gif

Christmas time can be a difficult time of year. For the last couple of years, we've asked people to look out for each other as Christmas Elves! This year, we're asking for your help again to keep the boards ticking over during Christmas and the New Year. It's a great chance to get more involved in the community and it may even be a welcome distraction for those of you that need it during this tricky time of year yes.gif

What happens on the boards over Christmas?
There will be mods and staff from YouthNet checking in on the boards every single day of the Christmas break so it's business as usual as far as we're concerned. However, you will notice some new faces in the form of extra staff mods popping in and helping out smile.gif

What can elves do to help?

15839895018_a8aea16467.jpg

Here are some idea for those of you that are up for helping out:
  • Joining a new community can be daunting and a little bit intimidating too. Elves look out for new users in chat and on the boards and make sure they get a warm welcome, helping them to settle in.
  • Ever had that feeling that no one has noticed your thread? Elves look out for threads that haven't had a reply and they have a go at responding if they can - it's not always about giving amazing advice but just letting someone know you've listened and offering a hug can be a great start and it bumps that thread back up to the top to help it get noticed.
  • Report spam!
  • Report posts where you think a mod needs to come and help out.
  • Start a new thread to keep people chatting over Christmas. Distraction can be great when Christmas at home is a bit of a chore.
  • Create your Christmas Avatar. If you've not done it already then now's the time!
  • Nominate posts you think are worthy of 'post of the month' using the nominate button. We'll put up our December poll at the beginning of Jan.

In early January the team will be looking at what you've been doing and who the most active elves have been. We'll be getting our extra staff mods to nominate some too.

There will be prizes available! Just take a look at the prize thread to see the kinds of things we're giving away hyper.gif

Christmas can be tough for some people, hopefully this way we will all be able to support and look out for each other smile.gif

Who's in this year?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm in :d
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I'm also in. But please dont count me in on the prizes, I just want to help :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    I'm in as I was last year too :P
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I'm totes in too!!
  • Options
    I'm in! However, I'd like to be a Christmas penguin instead :yes:
  • Options
    I shall be around lots :)
  • Options
    Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Im in, just about to change my avatar to make it more christmassy
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    Sounds good but id rather be a christmas cat if that's cool with you ;) x
  • Options
    Christmas Cats and penguins welcome too! :d
  • Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    I'm up for it :yes:
  • Options
    James wrote: »
    In early January the team will be looking at what you've been doing and who the most active elves have been. We'll be getting our extra staff mods to nominate some too.

Mate, users should be able to put users forward. Like a moderators view on it can be completely different to what a user may think. Therefore, I think users should be able to put forward people that they think deserve this m'larkey and why.
  • Options

Mate, users should be able to put users forward. Like a moderators view on it can be completely different to what a user may think. Therefore, I think users should be able to put forward people that they think deserve this m'larkey and why.

Second this
  • Options
    Enchanted wrote: »

Second this

Totes beans, let's get the users voices heard, not that were not, but still xD #MakingAStand, I love doing stuff like this, like I've seen so much passion over the Christmas period when users have been struggling or just needed a chat, like een if it's for us to E-mail you guys about who we think deserves this, and express reasons as to why.
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    That sounds like a great idea Whispers, nice one :thumb:

We'll be collecting nominations from mods until the middle of next week.

But if anyone would like to nominate anyone else, please do send me a PM by 4pm on Tuesday with their username(s) and a couple of their threads or posts that you think were particularly good :)

• Options
    That sounds like a great idea Whispers, nice one :thumb:

We'll be collecting nominations from mods until the middle of next week.

But if anyone would like to nominate anyone else, please do send me a PM by 4pm on Tuesday with their username(s) and a couple of their threads or posts that you think were particularly good :)

Will forward you some names and why when I have time, that's just the day before exams, so I will be revising away, with the occasional post on here ;) #ProcrastinationIsOnPoint
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    *Bump* just to highlight that while the xmas forum is now closed until December 2016 - James will update on this early next week :thumb:
  • Options
    Did this ever happen? Who won? xD
  • Options
    I'm curious too @James ;)
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,316 Part of The Furniture
    We're pulling some names together for the prizes as we speak. ;)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    Mike wrote: »
    We're pulling some names together for the prizes as we speak. ;)

Just a month late ;)
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Good luck to all those who were involved. I saw some great peer to peer support happening :heart: its amazing to be part of such a lovely community.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,041 Boards Guru
    Congratulations to all our winners this year - @Hiccup[/USER], [USER="64868"]*BananaMonkey*[/USER], [USER="41914"]WhispersOfTheHeart[/USER] and [USER="95043"]apandav all received nominations for being so active during the Christmas period. :yippe:

We'll be in touch with you guys via PM about prizes, but in the meantime here are the ones we have left... :hyper:
    Colour Pop bracelet watch

TBzzaaM.jpgN1Jprop.jpg

1 Mini scooter & 1 Pair of Roller Skates

77541.jpg67141.jpg

Any stunt scooter up to £80 or a pair of Rio roller skates (other colours available).

Game of Phones

17178.jpg

More details here

Sparkling Stilettos by TOWIE star, Jess Wright

5S0tPSq.jpg?17JCPYla.jpg?1

It goes without saying, but a massive thank you to everyone who helped out over the holidays, whether you were nominated or not. You all continually demonstrate the fantastic sense of community here on TheSite and it's amazing to see you all looking after each other. :yes:

Mike
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    Honestly over the moon about this, have dropped you guys an Email ^.^ - However, I do hope I've been active throughout and not just the Christmas period when offering support xD
  • Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Thanks for the nomination. I'm so glad I was able to help out, I like to give support when I can- and it kept me busy over the holidays and I enjoyed helping out! :) I will also email!
  • Options
    Glad to see you took note of my nominations ;)