Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Update:Therapy Ending

apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
Hi,

Just wanted to update how things are going. So what I had what I thought would be my last therapy session today.

My therpist offered me one more session before I start university (as I was very nervous) I agreed. This makes me feel better. Plus I'm starting to come to terms with it ending soon.

I really just want life to work out.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think you are going to turn out absolutely well and think that extra therapy session will be very beneficial to you. I'm so pleased you are sounding upbeat on this. I'm sure that with a little bit of perseverance, you will triumph!

I look back at what was in my life, amazed how I overcame so much. You will do well, Amanda. Be patient with yourself, work on the valuable tools your kind therapist gave and keep in contact with her as I am sure it will cheer her no end.

Nervousness is natural. No matter how much panic will rise, we have to bite the snake of our fears, take a deep breath and reaching for the door handle yank it back and walk in. You'll do it, that I am sure. :)
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Thank you Poppi
    My therapist left me in the room for a few minutes...... My notes were on the mini-table in front of me. I was so tempted to look at it whilst she was away. Want to know what she has been writing about me. Just as well I didn't open it up as I probably would have got caught. Hmm....... If only she didn't leave the door wide open!
    Learn to read upside-down, like Poppikins. ;)

Hahah i wish i could, Poppi teach me your ways!

It's easy to learn; well, not at first, but here's what you do.

In black felt tip, write the alphabet on a strip of paper (the blank unprinted side of a dado strip of wallpaper is great for this):
    abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

and simply turn it upside-down :)

ɐqɔpǝɟƃɥıɾʞןɯuodbɹsʇnʌʍxʎz
    Good idea :)

Think I can kinda read upside down, obviously not as well as you Poppi :)

Unfortunately the notes were in a closed folder (damn).