Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hunt for Brittains Biggest paedophiles

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Balddog

Rubbish..Sorry mate but its not offensive in any way at all...I also compared to to heterosexuality remember..Its merely a sexual orientation, not an illness or a mental illness.

Nonsense. It is not like homosexuality and heterosexuality in that a paedophile is himself either heterosexual or homosexual. It's completely different to sexual orientation, and is totally abominable.

Another major difference is that gay and straight couples are of a legal age to consent to sex; the targets of paedophiles are not. Thus any attempt to express their desires will be inherently illegal, although this does not render them a criminal.

I also believe that paedophilia is a mental illness and that paedophiles should receive treatment as such. This solution would be infinitely preferable to simply locking them up as criminals, as it can allow resolution of their problem.

Don't get me wrong; I find them repulsive, but also realise that it is not necessarily their fault, and helping them to control their feelings is better than pure punishment.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Vox populi, vox Dei

Nonsense. It is not like homosexuality and heterosexuality in that a paedophile is himself either heterosexual or homosexual. It's completely different to sexual orientation, and is totally abominable.

Are you sure about that? The paedophiles ive read of dont tend to distinguish between sexes. They just look for generic children that they find attractive, rather than going for female/male children specifically. I dont know enough about it to say thats true for all paedophiles though. I wonder if any studies have been done.
  • Options
    i dont believe that it is `just another sexual orientation`, I think these people are really sick. A homosexual is just someone who is attracted to the same sex. A paedophile is someone who sexually abuses children. I beleiev that someone who even has sexual fantasies about children is a serious risk to society and i also believe that we need to protect children from predators like this who dont care if they destroy a childs life as long as they get their kicks. Bald dog, im so surprised at you defending paedophiles. I would bet you wouldnt be defending them if you had children of your own.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    A paedophile is someone who sexually abuses children.

No no no no no...Go back and read the previous page, please.
    Bald dog, im so surprised at you defending paedophiles. I would bet you wouldnt be defending them if you had children of your own.

People have defended terrorists and every other kind of criminal on here. Any paedophile that acts on their urges needs to be dealt with in the harshest way possible, like I said right at the start of this thread. Doing anything further is getting into the realm of thought crimes and that is a very dangerous place.
  • Options
    but also realise that it is not necessarily their fault, and helping them to control their feelings is better than pure punishment.

You really need to watch the program, you would then see for yourself that there is no treatment for these sick, whatever you call them!!

I agree with Captain Kirk, capitial punishment is the only way I feel paedophiles would not act on there urges. There is no treatment for them as studies and different treatments have been tried and tested with only something like 1% success with some paedophiles has been achieved!!

Mind you the chances of capital punishment ever coming back are the same me becoming ruler of the world :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish
    Not if you agree that "active" paedophiles start off as "passive" paedophiles. Then these so-called passives are not innocent at all - simply on their way to full-blown paedophilia.

Of course they start as "passive", and I don't think that anyone would deny that. But having a thought isn't a crime. By the same token you cannot claim that every passive will become active.