Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Foiled "dirty-bomb" attack

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I did a search for UCMJ like Balddog suggested, and read through it.
    At the very beginning it lists the people who are covered by this law.
    Terrorists by defenition are civil disobedients, not soldiers. They cannot be tried under military law unless they bear arms against the military of a country.
    The IRA repeatedly target civilian areas. When and if they are cuaght they are tried by judge and jury in a civil trial. If they target a military installation or soldiers, they instantly become combatants and the military have the right to request a trial by an Army judge.

PACE=Police And Criminal Evidence Act. It is the backbone for the behaviour of the police in this country.

However, I would love for Thanatos to tell me what articles people can be detained under, and what counts as a crime worthy of a custodial sentence under the CJA, if he can.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thread closed because of Thanatos' 'special message to WhoWhere'.

Thanatos, you know the 'rules', please don't flout them. I believe everybody has something of value to contribute however I despair when I see something like your link. I know that you are above this and able to articulate your arguments in a far more eloquent manner than this crude resort to insult I feel you don't do yourself justice by resorting to insults, but that's up to you.

I know that everyone is above behaving like Neanderthals so let's do so and discuss issues in the spirit of the politcs MB.

You've all read Dom's guidelines. The axe will fall if needed, without hesitation. I hope I can appeal to your (plural) better judgement on this issue this last time.

:mad: :mad:
This discussion has been closed.