Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A Fresh Start for Chat

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Can we not just have closing rounds on certain days? Or closing rounds that aren't 15 minutes long? Because as rosebud said some of us aren't able to come to chat until 9ish. I never normally finish work until 9, so by the time I get home it's basically 9:15 meaning I can't get any support.
  • Options
    Rather than just 1 room switch can't we have 3? Purely because I know sometimes I need time in GC to break from SC but going ti GC means im not alone. I understand how it's disruptive which is why I'm suggesting more than one but every chat is unique and i think there it should be more flexible like what if we started in SC then moved to GC but came back to SC once we thought of something to say/felt ready to go for support. That's my only query but otherwise good work mods :-) x
  • Options
    Jazzmaraz wrote: »
    Rather than just 1 room switch can't we have 3? Purely because I know sometimes I need time in GC to break from SC but going ti GC means im not alone. I understand how it's disruptive which is why I'm suggesting more than one but every chat is unique and i think there it should be more flexible like what if we started in SC then moved to GC but came back to SC once we thought of something to say/felt ready to go for support. That's my only query but otherwise good work mods :-) x

Jo's already said this okay previously in the thread :)
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    rosebud wrote: »
    Question for mod.... you know with the new structure, I guess it's less acceptable to come in near the end of chat such as 9pm as you'd only have 15 mins of 'power hour' left? Just wondering cause on a few nights I only get back then and don't want to come in a disrupt chat.
    Hiccup wrote: »
    Can we not just have closing rounds on certain days? Or closing rounds that aren't 15 minutes long? Because as rosebud said some of us aren't able to come to chat until 9ish. I never normally finish work until 9, so by the time I get home it's basically 9:15 meaning I can't get any support.

Good questions both :)

The closing round is new, so it might take us a little while to work out how to use it best. This might mean making it a little shorter in the future, but probably not get rid of it. We'll see how the next few chats go, then take a look at how well it's working :)

Jazz, think Hiccup answered your question :)
  • Options
    James wrote: »
    Good questions both :)

The closing round is new, so it might take us a little while to work out how to use it best. This might mean making it a little shorter in the future, but probably not get rid of it. We'll see how the next few chats go, then take a look at how well it's working :)

Jazz, think Hiccup answered your question :)
    So I'm assuming entering at like 9pm is not a good idea? As people will already be talking and obviously the closing round is for people to calm and things for those who have been in chat. Just trying to work out cause often I don't get chance to come on till later.
  • Options
    So I'm assuming entering at like 9pm is not a good idea? As people will already be talking and obviously the closing round is for people to calm and things for those who have been in chat. Just trying to work out cause often I don't get chance to come on till later.

Obviously we'll see what the mods say but I'd assume it'd be okay :) You could still have 15 mins of support if you wanted, which I know isn't much but it's better than nothing? And closing round isn't just for people who've been there. For example last night was "What's something you've learnt since joining TS?" which is something you could share and benefit from others even if that was the only bit of chat you were in :)
  • Options
    ninaballet wrote: »
    last night was "What's something you've learnt since joining TS?" which is something you could share and benefit from others even if that was the only bit of chat you were in :)

I'm gutted I missed that question!
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Obviously we'll see what the mods say but I'd assume it'd be okay :) You could still have 15 mins of support if you wanted, which I know isn't much but it's better than nothing? And closing round isn't just for people who've been there. For example last night was "What's something you've learnt since joining TS?" which is something you could share and benefit from others even if that was the only bit of chat you were in :)

I missed that point, apologies rosebud!

Nina is spot on here :) There's no problem with coming in at 9pm. As Nina says, you'd still have 15 mins to ask for support (more if we shorten the closing round). Again as Nina says, the closing round is for everyone and designed to help us all end chat together as a group on a neutral/positive note (as supposed to negative).
  • Options
    Thanks, hopefully I'll be able to come in tonight before 9!