Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fat is not a feeling: Facebook removes emoji.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Many of you might have come across the article saying that Facebook has chosen to remove the feeling fat emoji from the list of feeling we can choose on Facebook. After it caused quite a stir up on my facebook page I thought I'd post it on here, and have you guys share your views.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/juliegerstein/people-are-trying-to-get-facebook-to-ditch-its-fat-and-ugly#.tbQEYMOyn

Facebook had removed the feeling due to it leaving negative implications on body image, do you think it was worth it? Or a waste of time?

Comments

• Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    To be honest, I didn't even know they had that one on there!
    Would be glad to see it go, can't even imagine a situation where it would be acceptable!
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    plugitin wrote: »
    To be honest, I didn't even know they had that one on there!
    Would be glad to see it go, can't even imagine a situation where it would be acceptable!

They have quite a variety of emotions to choose from, varying from feeling happy, to even depressed. But many people often use 'Feeling fat' as a saying, if not anything else. Implying they are stuffed, etc. I personally thought it was a waste of time. Despite having it removed, people can still type in 'Feeling, and then write Fat' even without the emoji coming up.