Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Crocs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What is with it with these? Do celebs actually think they're fashionable and look good? Whats every here think? I just dont understand them...

Comments

• Options
    apparently theyre mega comfy. I tried some on, and they were comfortable, but nothing THAT amazing. I quite like the mary jane style ones - well - by that I mean theyre slightly more acceptable than the normal clodhopper ones.
  • Options
    They look terrible! I wouldnt wear them even if you paid me and offered me all the couture in the world!
  • Options
    am i just a little bit dumb? but i dnt know what your on about lol anybody got a link to pics
  • Options
    Just no.
  • Options
    when i was in america last summer EVERYONE was wearing them. at first i thought it was just the little kids that i worked with on camp but i saw so many adults with them on too. they're really comfy and i would have bought a pair to wear on camp but i wouldnt wear them any other time. they're just not very appealing are they!

i brought some back for my godson though whos 5 and he loves them and they look really cute.
  • Options
    I thought they were bad to begin with, then boys started wearing pink ones. They may be comfy (I don't know) but they are ugly as sin and I can't fathom that odd material being comfy, or anything but slimy and gross on a hot humid summers day.
  • Options

ohh yeah saw some of them in sports soccer the other day they are bloody horrible id never wear them
  • Options
    The little kids ones are cute but Im not that keen on them in adult size.
  • Options
    I agree Glittery, a girl at nursery has a Disney Princess pair which are lovely, but I'm not keen on the adult ones!
  • Options
    Glittery wrote: »
    The little kids ones are cute but Im not that keen on them in adult size.

:yes: Agreed.
  • Options
    The adult ones are HORRIBLE! The kids stuff does look cute though. I saw a young family around town the other day and mum, dad and all three kids were wearing them- has the world gone crazy?!
  • Options
    I've got a pair I wear to work at the pool, they are great for that and by far the most comfy item of footwear suitable for poolside but I really don't see why people wear them out.

For things they are practical for, fine, for fashion :no: :no: :no:
  • Options
    I've got a pair I wear to work at the pool, they are great for that and by far the most comfy item of footwear suitable for poolside but I really don't see why people wear them out.

For things they are practical for, fine, for fashion :no: :no: :no:

Ah yeah, I wouldnt mind having a pair to wear when im muckign out, or dog-walking... but i certainly wouldnt wear them on a saturday afternoon to go shopping. :no:
  • Options
    Disgusting.
  • Options
    Lol. I love them. I haven't seen anyone wearing them but I spotted them in a shop the other week and just fell in love. Fortunately, for the sake of my image (or lack of it) and the fact that I'm trying ot downsize my wardrobe, I resisted buying them.
  • Options
    Are they jelly shoes for grown ups?
  • Options
    no they're not really made of jelly stuff, it's hard to describe.

my mum has had some for ages, before they were more 'popular'. they wouldn't suit me, but they do some people. :)
  • Options
    i think theyre goofy
  • Options
    i saw anthony worrel tompson wearing some on daily cooks the other day..i thinks that makes them a no for everybody
  • Options
    I dont like them. i just cant see the appeal.

Loads of people at work wear them though.............

.....in the operating theatres!
    I suppose marginally more attractive than the horrible clog things some of them wear.
  • Options
    I think they're hideous and you couldn't pay me to wear those.
  • Options
    Ah finally i know what Crocs are ! People have been asking us for " Crocs " and we'd no idea what people were on about, now i do. We have the Sketchers versions rather than the actual Crocs at my place of work, kids ones not adult ones and thank god too because they are just horrible to look at ! I can't image how they can be comfortable !
  • Options
    Dobbin wrote: »
    I wouldnt mind having a pair to wear when im muckign out

I can see the thinking behind it as in comfort and air conditioning when mucking out but urgh can you imagine, they'd stink and be full of cak by the end of summer. :no:

I'd never wear a pair to be honest as i think they're rank and they really wouldn't suit me. Saw quite a few blokes wearing them at badminton this weekend, it just looked wrong.
  • Options
    My friend came to college with some last summer, and we were all like 'what the hell are those?!? They look stupid'. She told us to watch and wait, and that apparantly they were 'the next big thing'. And I started noticing them everywhere after that. They are actually really comfy, but I agree that you wouldn't catch me wearing them!

I've also noticed that some cheaper shoe shops have started making rip-off pairs (slightly different, but same kinda style for about a fiver) so they must be fairly popular.
  • Options
    Oh dear lord. :(
  • Options
    Carolina wrote: »
    I can see the thinking behind it as in comfort and air conditioning when mucking out but urgh can you imagine, they'd stink and be full of cak by the end of summer. :no:

I'd never wear a pair to be honest as i think they're rank and they really wouldn't suit me. Saw quite a few blokes wearing them at badminton this weekend, it just looked wrong.

haha, that's true, CLEARLY hadn't thought that one through. I just saw an older-ish woman walk past wearing bright purple crocs with tights. Yes, tights. That's put me off for life.
  • Options
    haha, that's true, CLEARLY hadn't thought that one through. I just saw an older-ish woman walk past wearing bright purple crocs with tights. Yes, tights. That's put me off for life.

On the way to Camden, I saw an older woman sitting with her leather jacket, tunic, black leggings, black socks and green crocs to match her tunic colours. :yuck: *sigh*

I have to admit that I bought a pair when I was in the US (working on a camp, and so much more pratical than my flip flips when your doing a creek walk), but they've been sitting comfortably in the Outer Mongolia part of my shoe cupboard ever since.

Comfort before fashion i guess...
  • Options
    i feel like going and getting a nice luminous pair of them and strutting about in them just to annoy everyone :D :angel:
  • Options
    I just saw an older-ish woman walk past wearing bright purple crocs with tights. Yes, tights. That's put me off for life.

:yuck: