Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

New Chat!

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
fK3pCel.jpg

We're delighted to say that the new, mobile-friendly chat is nearly here! :hyper:

It will be launching this Monday for Support chat at 8pm.

Feel free to bombard us with questions here ;)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ahhhhh cont wait bring it on Monday
    YEEESSSSSSSSS :D can't wait - will it work on other browsers better this time?
    James wrote: »
    fK3pCel.jpg

We're delighted to say that the new, mobile-friendly chat is nearly here! :hyper:

It will be launching this Monday for Support chat at 8pm.

Feel free to bombard us with questions here ;)
    Oooooh this is exciting
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Don't forget to take a picture of what the mods chat looks like beforehand! I was promised.
    Will chat look as snazzy as in that image? With a background? :o
    Hell yeah
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Jazzmaraz wrote: »
    YEEESSSSSSSSS :D can't wait - will it work on other browsers better this time?

It should work on all the main browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE (newer versions), yes :)
    As well as iOS and Android of course ;)
    Will chat look as snazzy as in that image? With a background? :o
    Yep! You'll be able to customise your backgrounds :D
    Omg in so excited :-D
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    With this new chat, is the block function the same, or is it that if you block somebody they can't see anything you post in chat?

Cos I know now, if you block somebody they can still see everything you post in chat.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    I use a chat service just like this one and it has the option of PMing are you going to disable that or...?

Plus right i get one the GC..SC..EC.. but what is RC (relationship chat? :P) and whats WS?
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Emmalee wrote: »
    I use a chat service just like this one and it has the option of PMing are you going to disable that or...?

Plus right i get one the GC..SC..EC.. but what is RC (relationship chat? :P) and whats WS?

Hey, yes we've disabled pm'ing.

RC is indeed relationship chat :)

WS is workshop :yum:
    Don't forget to take a picture of what the mods chat looks like beforehand! I was promised.

We won't forget - will post it here before we go live :) Sadly it's not very exciting though, we basically just see the same as you, but just a few more options when you click on someone's name. Will deffo post it though :)
    Awesome. Exciting stuff :hyper:
    With this new chat, is the block function the same, or is it that if you block somebody they can't see anything you post in chat?

Cos I know now, if you block somebody they can still see everything you post in chat.

Blocking will work the same way it does now - except it's called 'ignore' :)

Here we go....

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    **helen** wrote: »
    Ooooohhhhh amazing :D
    Is it a big difference with the new chat?
    hehe, no, quite similar really...:)
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Attachment not found.The link to chat never opened on the main page all evening?

Sorry to be a pain :(
    It also has frozen and kicked me out a few times? I don't know whether anyone else has experienced this?
    Yes it was open can you see in the bottom right the support chat box - you can just see a join chat button :-)

Don't worry there is another tomorrow :-)
    Jazzmaraz wrote: »
    Yes it was open can you see in the bottom right the support chat box - you can just see a join chat button :-)

Don't worry there is another tomorrow :-)

Ah cheers Jazz, I think the link had changed from the night before so it wasn't where I was expecting it to be!
    No problem :-)
    hey mods,

The chat snaps look great...... only I'd prefer if i could actually get into them :( I've tried all the web browsers i have on my laptop, internet explorer, chrome but it wont ever work, i've tried constantly since the new chat rooms and its becoming hard when i cant actually come into the chat room! It gets to this point and then doesnt load and I've tried refreshing and everything. The only time I've ever managed it is on my phone once but its hard to talk on my phone in ts chat when it moves quick and i cant change the settings to well therefore I find it hard to follow..... I dunno if this was right place to put this but thought its about the new chat, i dunno if im the only one with these problems either but i hope it gets sorted soon and its something silly like me not doing something so i can soon come back to chat as i miss both support and general chat!

Thanks rosebud!
    Is your flash up to date rosebud?
    plugitin wrote: »
    Is your flash up to date rosebud?

yep i've updated it and still wont work :( Also fairly new laptop (got it December time)
    Hey rosebud,

I've had a chat with our tech team, who say that it sounds like it might be something to do with your laptop and/or firewall settings.
    It might be worth checking your internet and firewall settings in the control panel.

If there's nothing obvious there, send me a PM and we can take it further :)
    Thanks James will check again when home I know it worked before the new chat bit and has once managed to get onto the log in bit then stopped working! Will see and hopefully it's just firewall settings! Thanksie :)