Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

leaving care worker coming to a end

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had a meeting with my leaving care worker yesterday. Because I am turning 21 one in 10 days I be finishing her. She come yesterday and I was really pissed off because I ask her before Christmas to get me into collage this year. (I don't have to pay as I am under social) she not done it. She brought someone with her and not bothered to tell me so I got pissed off over that. (Her excuse because our meetings don't well and thinks its going to kick off well yesterday did kick off of the things she said) she went behind my back and got me stuff I can do with out asking me fist. With my heath problems I cont much. I am 21 nearly and don't need other people to do it for me. I told her that she was really in helpful. Her argument that she does do things she didn't. Also now she saying now I am living with my mum she should of closed my file and shouldn't we working with me I know its bull shit she said I got her till I am 21. Where the hell did that come from yesterday. My brother had a leaving care worker till his 21 birthday so I know its total bull shit. So now I am on my own with no support part from my mum

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi *Heather*,

Thank you for your post. I'm really sorry to hear you are having a difficult time. *hug*

When support comes to an end sometimes people can feel a bit lost and at a lose end. I hear that you are feeling angry with your social worker because she has not met your needs of helping you to apply to college and she also brought someone else with her to your meeting which you did not expect, and this left you feeling cross with her as she did not tell you first.

When relationships come to an end as yours is with your social worker sometimes we can feel let down and abandoned too which can be really difficult to cope with, I wonder whether can talk to your mum about how you are feeling? There are also many emotional support lines http://www.getconnected.org.uk/ 0808 808 4994.

Also in terms of college - it can sometimes feel daunting starting something new but there is support out there to help you decide what options are available for you future check out this link for a range of support options available to you: https://www.princes-trust.org.uk/need_help/next_steps/your_next_steps_in_the_uk/career_advice.aspx

Good Luck and let us know how you get on
    :)
    I got a leaving care worker till I am 21 it might be diffant to where u are. I have to pay for it as I am under social I won't have to.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Heya Heather.

Just wanted to post to see how you are. :heart:

It sounds like you are dealing with a lot at the minute.

Keep us posted on how you are getting on *hug*
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Not good part from people are judging me
    Who is judging you?

I am sorry to hear that
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Who is judging you?

I am sorry to hear that

There were a few posts that jumped to some conclusions about Heather and her life that were understandably a bit upsetting. Just a reminder to all it's always good to take a step back before posting and think about might really help someone in the moment.

Heather, it sounds like losing this social worker is a really big deal for you - and you're worried about having to rely on your mum, is that right?

What is it you're looking to study at college?
    Oh okay. I hope your okay Heather

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    As another care leaver it is normally policy to keep a case worker on until up to 25 if you have any learning difficulties and in full time education and up to 21 if not in education. Some people lose their worker at 16 some much later, I lost mine before I graduated. Asides from making a complaint or deciding you have to take charge of things yourself and get an advocate from a local charity you don't have much alternative. It's crap how each authority can make up the rules and they can make life easy or not for you as they decide but sometimes you just have to use your own initiative
    I am really scared :( it feels I've been in care for ever :(
    Hi Heather :wave:

Its completely understandable to feel sad and scared to lose your care worker *hug*
    This is something that mustve helped you and allowed you to feel protected and supported, even when you lived with your mum.

Change can be overwhelming and scary. It may feel hard right now, but in time it will feel better and you will slowly get used to being more independent. Joining college will be something new and exciting for you, perhaps this is worth pursuing? If you struggle to fill in details, perhaps a friend could help you? :yes:
    christele wrote: »
    Hi Heather :wave:

Its completely understandable to feel sad and scared to lose your care worker *hug*
    This is something that mustve helped you and allowed you to feel protected and supported, even when you lived with your mum.

Change can be overwhelming and scary. It may feel hard right now, but in time it will feel better and you will slowly get used to being more independent. Joining college will be something new and exciting for you, perhaps this is worth pursuing? If you struggle to fill in details, perhaps a friend could help you? :yes:

Christeleeeeee. Where u been lovely to see u
    I am glad I am losing my leaving care worker in a way she useless
    Half me saying go to collage half saying dont . because the amount of health issues I don't want to miss my caurse.
    They will be able to help you if you tell them what your health conditions are. I know leaving care can be scary, there is the the who cares trust who help those in care and leaving care and they might be able to help.