Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Baking ideas

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I like cheesecake and that would be a good choice to go with. Don't take that long aswell. You can only decide what to make. Srawbery Cheesecake is the best lol. You got Victoria Sponge, Cheesecake, Marble Cake, Rainbow Cake and Almond Biscuits. What will u choose? :)
  • Options
    Omg I really don't know... Too much choice!
  • Options
    Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    This is my recipe for lime cheesecake I've used quite a lot, it's simple and always goes down well! Last time I made it it was for a lot of people, so you might want to reduce the quantities:

Lime cheese cake (to serve 12)

• Butter 80g

• Shortbread fingers 14 (ginger nuts work well too, or digestives)

• Honey 2 tbsp

• Mascarpone 500 g

• Double cream 500ml

• Icing sugar to taste

• Lime 6, zest and juice

1. Ideally, use a springform tin so it's easy to get out. Otherwise, any tin will do!
    2. Bash up the shortbread into crumbs. Microwave the butter until just melted and stir in, along with the honey.
    3. press onto the bottom of the tin and let it set.
    4. Zest and juice the limes.
    5. Beat the cream until it stands in stiff peaks (but don't overbeat, or you get butter!).
    6. Fold the mascarpone half the lime zest and half the juice into the cream along with some sugar. Taste it, and add more sugar and lime juice until it tastes right to you (there's no definite "right"), mix it together but don't overwork it or it will come out more dense.
    7. But the mixture into the tin, and leave to set in the fridge for at least a couple of hours, preferably overnight.
    8. Sprinkle with icing sugar and lime zest to finish off.

Any feedback on using this recipe would be useful to me, I hope to write a book one day :)
  • Options
    That one sounds good two. Too much choice lol. The cheesecake one might be a good choice. You got the recipe there so that's a good starring point. The only thing is halving the ingredients which is confusing. I hope u decide what to make. That would be a good book Dan :)
  • Options
    Thanks for that Danny! Making me have to choose from more things hehe. I think I will be dreaming about puddings tonight!
  • Options
    Bet u will be Becki lol. That may help u decide ;)
  • Options
    Yes haha

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Did sleeping on it last night help u decide what ur gonna make? ;) a lot to chose from lol.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Shortbread, it's amazingly lush (If made large and thick), pretty simple, but like the perfect gift, as you have decorate them yourself, or just take the simple turn and coat them in sugar! Did you bake anything in the end?

And I know you don't want something simple, but Shortbread is perfect for any occasion :heart:
  • Options
    Shortbread, it's amazingly lush (If made large and thick), pretty simple, but like the perfect gift, as you have decorate them yourself, or just take the simple turn and coat them in sugar! Did you bake anything in the end?

And I know you don't want something simple, but Shortbread is perfect for any occasion :heart:

Shortbread is nice yes. Used to love them. No I didn't end up making anything (because I'm just boring) and shes gone away for two weeks now so longer to think haha
  • Options
    That's annoying lol. Good thing u didn't bake anything just yet. Still got time to decide though lol. I like shortbread, didn't use to like it but I do now. Why not bake that Beck Boo?