Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

secret crush

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have a terrible crush on a younger woman. she is used to be my boss, she now works elsewhere but i still see her occasionaly. i would love to tell her:banghead: how i feel, but there are a couple of problems
she is married with 2 kids
i am married
i am afraid that if i let her know how i feel she will never speak to me again

what shall i do ?????

:heart:

Comments

• Options
    Divorce your wife, leave her all your worldly belongings and move to Kinshasa to build schools for kids.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Divorce your wife, leave her all your worldly belongings and move to Kinshasa to build schools for kids.

i dont think that will happen, i doubt if the woman of my dreams feels the same for me as i feel for her
  • Options
    Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Hi Vailron

That does sound really difficult, you are in a complicated situation.

My advice would be to focus on your relationship with your wife first.

It's normal to be attracted to people other than our long-term partner, but acting on it is a different matter, and can cause a lot of pain.

Maybe have a think about how you feel about your wife at the moment. Are you happy together? If not, are there things that you could do to change this? Maybe you could talk through some things with your wife - what would make you happier with her? what would brings some more spark to your relationship?

If you tell this woman at work how you feel, it will be hard to take it back. So it's worth making sure that you really know what you want and thinking about how it could affect your wife and your relationship together.

I hope things get easier

Danny
  • Options
    Danny! wrote: »
    Hi Vailron

That does sound really difficult, you are in a complicated situation.

My advice would be to focus on your relationship with your wife first.

It's normal to be attracted to people other than our long-term partner, but acting on it is a different matter, and can cause a lot of pain.

Maybe have a think about how you feel about your wife at the moment. Are you happy together? If not, are there things that you could do to change this? Maybe you could talk through some things with your wife - what would make you happier with her? what would brings some more spark to your relationship?

If you tell this woman at work how you feel, it will be hard to take it back. So it's worth making sure that you really know what you want and thinking about how it could affect your wife and your relationship together.

I hope things get easier

Danny

i do love my wife dearly, the woman in question is no longer my boss but i do see her on occassions. like i say its a fantasy to think anything will come of it. i bet she does not even think of me the same way. but she is so gorgeous, at least in my eyes.
  • Options
    She's married, with kids, and probably living such a happy life. I wouldn't ruin that for her.
  • Options
    She's married, with kids, and probably living such a happy life. I wouldn't ruin that for her.

i do know her husband as well and he has a drink problem she works days, he works nghts so i have no idea how happy she is. but she lives for her kids, she works so hard to provide for them. like i say nothing will ever come of it
  • Options
    Okay, so I shouldn't have assumed she is happy, but if she wants to finish things with her husband then she can. If that's the case at any point in the future, wait until then.
  • Options
    You have to think about your family as well in this.
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    You have to think about your family as well in this.

:yes:
  • Options
    thanks butterfly, like u i assume she is happy, but time will tell. i have told her that if ever she needs a friend to talk to i am here
  • Options
    I wouldn't say anything personally. As others have said - both of you have a family to think about first.
  • Options
    yes i know. it will have to remain a dream
  • Options
    vailron wrote: »
    i do love my wife dearly,

So let's pretend this is actually true, then you have absolutely no reason to tell any other woman that you love her.
  • Options
    Don't be so harsh StrubbleS. I'm 14 and even I know that it is possible in a long term relationship to be attracted to someone else(or at least think you are) even when you love your long term partner. When anywhere in this post did he say that he wants to tell this woman he loves her? Nowhere. He said 'terrible CRUSH'.
    To be fair Vailron, I wouldn't tell her how you feel. Just make sure that she knows your there for her. You don't want to make any drastic decisions that could leave you and others sad and alone. Focus on your wife and yourself. Get your relationship back on track and then re-observe the situation.
  • Options
    lostangel wrote: »
    When anywhere in this post did he say that he wants to tell this woman he loves her? Nowhere.

In the opening post he said, "i am afraid that if i let her know how i feel she will never speak to me again.", which means he is/was considering it. The reason he did not do it, was apparently because he was afraid she would not speak to him again, not because maybe he is married with kids.
  • Options
    He did not say he loves her
  • Options
    Which makes it even worse. Yes I know that you can fall in love with other people even in long term relationships, but you do not consider to abandon your family for a crush.
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Okay you two, let's allow vailron to speak for himself instead of speaking for him ;)
  • Options
    If you really do love your wife, you will never talk to this woman again. You are being tempted by something you cannot have, and if you act on it you will fuck everything up.

Not only will you destroy your own marriage, you will destroy hers as well.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Which makes it even worse. Yes I know that you can fall in love with other people even in long term relationships, but you do not consider to abandon your family for a crush.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    If you really do love your wife, you will never talk to this woman again. You are being tempted by something you cannot have, and if you act on it you will fuck everything up.

Not only will you destroy your own marriage, you will destroy hers as well.

These sum it up perfectly.