Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ideal Job For Your Partner

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Excluding money from the equation, what job would you like your ideal partner to do?

For me I like to travel and have my freedom, so I'd like them to do something where they're not chained to a desk, such as being a photographer, writer, or right now since my back is a bit stiff.. a masseuse would be nice .. :)

Comments

• Options
    Full time martial arts instructor would be good - we are half way there :)
  • Options
    Hehe, I know you said to exclude money from the equation, but my ideal partner's job would be something where they did not much work for large amounts of money. The reason for this is because I would love to be able to stay at home once I've had children and not have to hurry them into nurseries as babies due to financial pressure.
  • Options
    This might be 2 ends of the spectrum here, but I'd either like him to be a writer or to work with his hands....construction, carpentry, etc, etc....think both of those professions are incredibly attractive!! :yes:
  • Options
    Body builder greaser upper, as long as he brings his work home with him :D
  • Options
    I don't really mind, but something like a handiman/electrician/plumber would be good, as they could help me with all the problems in my flat. Oh a mechanic for the same reason. Or a sports physio, or a chef.

As long as it's not something deathly boring and they want to talk about it all the time, and it's not something where they would meet loads of beautiful women all the time (eg personal trainer, male stripper), I'm not that bothered. So long as the hours aren't too long and they earn a decent wage!

Preferably something interesting too. I'd like to go out with a foreign correspondent purely because it would be fascinating but I wouldn't get to see much of them.
  • Options
    I'm not really fussed as long as they don't have to work excessive hours. I do like the idea of them doing something creative though..
  • Options
    My boyfriend is doing a PhD at the moment but isn't really into it. I can see him as a computer game designer type person..or just dealing with the techinical side of gaming.
  • Options
    A chef :p

A pastry chef to be more specific :heart::heart::heart:
  • Options
    my_name wrote: »
    A chef :p

A pastry chef to be more specific :heart::heart::heart:

chef, fantastic idea. although they work alot of nights and long hours, so on second thoughts, not a chef.

mine is training to be a teacher, which isn't good as we have to have holidays when all the little brats do.
  • Options
    Look after our child?
  • Options
    my ex boyfriend was a teacher. i liked that about him, shows he has a caring (and other qualities needed to be a teacher..whatever they are) side to him (though of course i already knew he had that!). i would've loved to have watched him teach a class.

what someone did wouldn't really bother me, but it would if they had a dead-end job and no ambitions to better themselves.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    RubberSkin wrote: »

Im right up your street den :lol:
  • Options
    I don't really mind as long as they work the same sort of hours I work.
  • Options
    smitherz wrote: »
    Im right up your street den :lol:

Are you all muscley then ? :drool: :D
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Gettin there ;)
  • Options
    Musician. Preferably guitarist or singer. Or, something equally creative like an artist or something. Non businessman like.
  • Options
    Something like a journalist or photograher - something interesting, but not so "hippie" that they start to get on my nerves, lol.
  • Options
    stripper...

nah, on a serious note: DiamondGeezer had two very good points so I just mooch them off. Others than that: chemist.
    A _lot_ of chemists are together, who met each other in uni while studying or in some kind of lab, it's almost uncanny. It's always cool to have someone to talk about geeky stuff who understands you.

It would be nice too if she was in some other technical branch, so we could teach each other stuff :)

/eta: Probably something that we can teach each other. I really like the idea of splodgey too about the martial arts instructor, which eases a bit my own conscious when she's going out alone+she can teach me too. Moreover is it cool to be with someone sporty, so you can play footie together on some frontlawn with friends and your wife.

It is a form of fetish I reckon, if you like it, if you are really good at something and you have a girl to outclass you in that area :o
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    Oh a mechanic for the same reason.

OOOOOOOh yess. :yum: Got a thing about it... dunno why. Sort of manly job I guess.

Always end up fancying computer geeks though as well for some reason... Maybe they look intelligent.
  • Options
    my father has a LOT of self-taught skills. When he has big loads of trash to get rid off (we have a construction site in our weekend-garden), he sometimes finds cool stuff on the waste disposal site. He found a old Kenwood radio and amplyfier that costed probably around 20k (in Schilling, so around 1500?) in the 90s, that some jerk threw away. My father looked at it, measured current and other shizzle and made it graphic on his oscilloscope and it was just one dried out capacitator that he could replace.

You can make a living with hi-fi stuff other people throw out and repair, if you know how (and it's usually one or 2 hours of work for him).

That's pretty awesome and beneficial in my book. He does most of our plumbing, tiling of floors, repairing technical gadgets and so on and so on, and he is nowhere near a working class job, mind.

I should learn all that stuff, it's so helpful.
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    Always end up fancying computer geeks though as well for some reason... Maybe they look intelligent.

They don't make that much sense though when they talk...:p
  • Options
    The one he's got, 'cause being a computergeek he can help me when mine goes wrong :D.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    The one he's got, 'cause being a computergeek he can help me when mine goes wrong :D.

Oh that is so helpful :heart: How many times I have been saved from a dead sim game. :heart:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Sofie wrote: »
    Lu_C wrote: »

They don't make that much sense though when they talk...:p
    You see, you need to recompile the kernel if you want to implement a module that your distribution doesn't provide out of the box.

(Did I turn on anybody? :p)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    The bird I'm seeing now works on a stud farmShe dosn't earn a lot of vonga but she lieks riding and so do I. Suits me fine.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Cant say I've ever thought about it. Would prefer someone who worked similar (office) hours to me.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »

LOL

I'd say... And i know this will make me sound like a snob, but somebody who works a job which helps people, but higher up. Like campaigns director of a charity, a researcher, a human rights lawyer, somebody who works with the environment... Basically somebody very well read on what they do, a hard worker and who can be like a role model for me.
  • Options
    I would like to say someone artistic or creative, but at the end of the day I know it would drive me mad. I am way to forward and systematic and impatient for that sort of type.
    Most creative I would ideally go for (might meet a neurotic painter tomorrow who will make me think otherwise, you never know...) is a journalist of some sorts. Otherwise a lawyer type of guy wouldn't be too bad.
    Want someone sharp, and who uses those skills every day. But would definitely want them to have an appericiation for the art, litterature, music etc.
  • Options
    You see, you need to recompile the kernel if you want to implement a module that your distribution doesn't provide out of the box.

(Did I turn on anybody? :p)

Hell yeah! *Swoons*

:razz: