Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My physical health - grrr

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm in *so* much pain. I didn't make it to therapy so now I have all the guilty feelings about that to deal with too. I'm passing a lot of blood when I pee. It hurts all the time. I feel sick and miserable. I'm thinking dark thoughts.
  • Options
    *hug*

Sorry it's wank, sorry I can't fix it or offer anything useful. Perhaps you could eat some chocolate and watch a film?
  • Options
    If things have got worse, maybe you should consider going back to your GP or calling out of hours?
  • Options
    I just want to die now.
  • Options
    Have things improved at all this morning?

Sounds like it might be time to get back to the medical professionals.
  • Options

Sounds like it might be time to get back to the medical professionals.

:yes:
  • Options
    I went to the GP earlier. I got prescribed a 10th set of antibiotics. I only left the house once last week. But after the doctors my really good friend came round, we did some gardening together and I felt a lot better mentally after seeing her and it distracted me from the pain. She did my washing up and after she left I had a bath and washed my hair for the first time in 6 days. But now I seem to be coming down with a cold so I just took some Sudafed and vitamin C, I hope I don't get a full cold though as I just feel I can barely cope as it is. I have the urologist appointment at the hospital a week on Thursday.
  • Options
    Spoke to the surgery on the phone yesterday, latest test results back and I need more antibiotics - so getting 11th set later today.

I'm really struggling.
  • Options
    Have you talked to your GP about the impact this is having on your life?

Also, yoghurt is your friend if you're on this many anti bugs.
  • Options
    Have you talked to your GP about the impact this is having on your life?

Also, yoghurt is your friend if you're on this many anti bugs.

I've tried to explain to her but she says she doesn't know what to do for the best. I'm already in therapy and on medication and only got home from an inpatient spell just before Christmas.

I'll order more yogurts - I get the lactose free ones cos lactose has bad consequences for me.
  • Options
    If that's the case keep going with the lactose free ones, I'll send you over some good quality pro-biotics.

Sending you lots of love. And once I'm not surrounded by boxes I'll get a care package off to you
  • Options
    I had hospital urology appointment yesterday, I have to have more tests. More ultrasounds scans and I also have to have a camera put up my bladder :nervous: which I find absolutely terrifying as I'll be awake (local anesthetic). And I had more blood tests and and another urine test.
  • Options
    At least with all these tests they might get closer to working out what's causing all your problems - so things heading the right direction.

Local can be very effective anaethetic, and while it clearly won't be fun, am sure you will be absolutely fine with it. Forewarned is for armed, and you managed that ultrasound a while back just fine despite it being sprung on you.
  • Options
    Should I get a vajazzle for the ocassion?
  • Options
    Lol!!! Maybe not :p
  • Options
    I thought I'd update this thread. I'm currently on my 16th course of antibiotics since autumn for UTI and in a lot of pain. I had the bladder/kidney ultrasound which showed some abnormalities so next step is the camera thing which is in a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Big hugs again you! Don't worry I haven't forgotten your probiotics!
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I thought I'd update this thread. I'm currently on my 16th course of antibiotics since autumn for UTI and in a lot of pain. I had the bladder/kidney ultrasound which showed some abnormalities so next step is the camera thing which is in a couple of weeks.

RG, it's good to hear from you :heart:
  • Options
    RG, it's good to hear from you :heart:

This. I was thinking of you when I was at church today, so pleased to see you back :)
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Fingers crossed they find out what's going on soon :)
  • Options
    *hug* RG
  • Options
    I thought I'd update this thread. I had the various investigations, some very unpleasant but they didn't find very much. I went on antibiotics all the time, then I started getting breakthrough infections so I went on different ones. I'm still on antibiotics continously as a preventative, having had around 40 Urine tract infections in the last year. I'm now waiting for an operation on my bladder, not sure when it will be though.