Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I have a date

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How much of an impact will 10 mins have?
  • Options
    Negligible.

I don't really have any useful hiding holes to shove stuff into and out of the way.

In 10 minutes I can probably make the kitchen look respectable, because it's pretty close already. And take all the laundry and bags and stuff that are currently all over my floor and turn them into 2 massive piles. And then shake the duvet out so the bed looks vaguely made.
  • Options
    Sounds good, what about the lounge? Also, local pub?
  • Options
    For various reasons, anywhere other than my house or his house is out.

Lounge is getable into an adequate state in the time available, I guess I could just skip over doing the whole tour bit.
  • Options
    Depends if you want the bedroom available tonight, and what your housemates are doing...

PS. If you don't vote in the tiebreaker poll you won't get bedknobs and broomsticks this month.
  • Options
    Laugh about it, say you have an engineer's bedroom. Is he very tidy himself or did you get the impression he'd just shoved things in random cupboards too?
  • Options
    how long would he be over for
  • Options
    Flat mate is away, although hasn't been for long so is a reasonable target for some of the blame.

His desk is worse than mine, and he fessed up that he'd tidied up especially - and isn't normally like that.

Likely to be over for a couple of hours.

Am now in a foul mood after a meeting at work, so going to throw caution to the wind and let him see whatever state of chaos it happens to be in when he arrives.
  • Options
    I'd do the 10mins making bedroom accessible, just in case. You can move things around in a tidying fashion while providing dinner?
  • Options
    This is after dinner - but yes, think this is probably the best plan.

Shove the stuff on the floor into taller narrower heaps so that you don't need to be intimately familiar with the layers to know where to tread and not tread, and let him see that I am the most untidy person known to man.

And thus get a hug and a rant about my day.
  • Options
    Also, I'm still with Picc having seen how she used to keep her bedroom...
  • Options
    ha ha

This is reassuring.
  • Options
    Tidying up as a bonding activity?
  • Options
    I hope you will enjoy a good date. What kind of date it is? indoor or out door.
  • Options
    Ended up with him coming round slightly later than anticipated - which meant I got slightly longer to tidy up. Was still an absolute mess - but you could see the floor in my room etc.

I got some light hearted stick for living like a student, which is probably fair. Crucially, he's seen it now - and generally it's better than that so onwards and upwards. And where practicalities allow the preference is definitely for his place rather than mine. The sofas are more comfortable.
  • Options
    As an update.

Date clearly went well, as did the next one etc etc. I'm now away from home with work for best part of a month, and he's coming down to see me :D

Whole thing has got very involved pretty rapidly - but so far going wonderfully. And I am superbly happy, and totally mushy, and wanted to share.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    As an update.

Date clearly went well, as did the next one etc etc. I'm now away from home with work for best part of a month, and he's coming down to see me :D

Whole thing has got very involved pretty rapidly - but so far going wonderfully. And I am superbly happy, and totally mushy, and wanted to share.

:yippe: - I'm glad the date went well! Love turns people in to Mushy peas, however if you don't like mushy beans, maybe smashed up beans?
  • Options
    And I guess another update.

Whole thing is going pretty wonderfully. Starting to settle down from the giddy excitement level to being complete routine. Currently we both work at the same place, so the powers that be at work now know to keep everything squeaky clean on that front.

I'm moving away to start a new job next week, so becomes long distance from this weekend onwards but fingers crossed will continue reasonably smoothly. He's wonderful (in my eyes at least), we make each other smile and completely relaxed in each others company. Not 100% perfect but then nothing ever is - both realistic on that front though. Fingers crossed that next bit goes ok when it becomes alternate weekends only with a dependance on the weather in the north of Scotland.

On the job front. I applied for the new job. Got the new job. Eventually got a start date for the new job and am headed down South to start that on Sunday. Still got the minor details to sort like somewhere to live, but 'it will all be fine'.
  • Options
    Well done on the job Scary Monster! :-) I'm really glad to hear things are going well with the chappy!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta