Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I have a date

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a date, I have a date, I have a date.

:hyper:

I am stupidly excited about this, and figured I'd share. Given that previously I've only ever posted about problematic relationship stuff reckoned it was time for some :d news.

It's not entirely straight forward, because although it's with a guy I think I've liked for a fair while - there are some major draw backs. Like he's almost my boss. And is potentially more of a loser kid than I am. And is at least as socially awkward as I am.

But still, I have a date. And it's a follow up to a 'social meet up' last week which ended in kisses and cuddles on the sofa.

Comments

• Options
    Socially awkward is good, you know.
  • Options
    Socially awkward is good, you know.

Practically a requirement to be an engineer in the Arse-End-of-Nowhere, no?

:yippe: Superawesomesquee anyway!
  • Options
    Social awkward works very well. It's worked wonders for me RE: Piccolo, also with friends like AR, and Roo thinks I'm nice and I'm the massivist looooooser ever. So... Yeah, go with it.
  • Options
  • Options
    Socially awkward squared is an interesting combination. It makes for some somewhat fumbling conversations at times, but then they almost kind of work because at least both in the same place on dysfunctional. That said, also socially inept enough to have conversations about being socially inept.

My date is tomorrow :D and kind of straight after work, which means it's actually getting really close. :D
  • Options
    it totally works. Picc and I were singing a song together yesterday...
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    EDIT: Posted in the wrong thread! Sorry, monster.
  • Options
    If you're the same sort of inept then it'll be grand. It's when you have different screwups one struggles. Social ineptness isn't holding me back with Dr Roll...
  • Options
    I have a date, I have a date, I have a date.

I am stupidly excited about this, and figured I'd share. Given that previously I've only ever posted about problematic relationship stuff reckoned it was time for some :d news.

It's not entirely straight forward, because although it's with a guy I think I've liked for a fair while - there are some major draw backs. Like he's almost my boss. And is potentially more of a loser kid than I am. And is at least as socially awkward as I am.

But still, I have a date. And it's a follow up to a 'social meet up' last week which ended in kisses and cuddles on the sofa.

Social awkwardness works on a scale. Seems you are on a similiar level so it should be all good.

If you were THAT awkward you'd have never made the date in the first place (i know this from personal experience!)
  • Options
    P.S. Sorry for stealing your thread title, I was huntin' around for a good title in my brain and... yeah
  • Options
    Good luck for tonight!
  • Options
    So. Date is a sleep over on grounds of practicality.

I failed at organising my life last night, and ended up throwing stuff in the bag/car this morning. So who knows what I may or may not have remembered or forgotten to put in. On the plus side, going straight there after work - which means the potential starts in 7.5 hours.
  • Options
    Goodness me!
  • Options
    To any particular bit?

Am only staying over because the practicalities of not are a night mare. Plan that has been discussed is the spare room.
  • Options
    oofty!! :thumb:
  • Options
    Yeah... Spare room...
  • Options
    I did the "I'll stay in your spare room" thing on a second/third date once. In his defence, he did make up the spare room with towels on the bed and everything...it was lovely and pristine the next morning ;)
  • Options
    The whole starting point of this is that everything is baby steps. Genuinely aiming for spare room. Whether it works I will tell you tomorrow.

Am strangely nervous about the whole thing. It's very weird.
  • Options
    Am strangely nervous about the whole thing. It's very weird.

Not weird at all, totally natural! I'm sure it will be excellent.
  • Options
    Purple_roo wrote: »
    I did the "I'll stay in your spare room" thing on a second/third date once. In his defence, he did make up the spare room with towels on the bed and everything...it was lovely and pristine the next morning ;)

Now that's a gentleman :thumb:

Now we all know the spare bed will be left untouched, but it's best not to make assumptions ;)
  • Options
    Think this gentleman has done the same with the spare bed.

It's now pretty much an hour til home time from work :excited:
  • Options
    Think this gentleman has done the same with the spare bed.

It's now pretty much an hour til home time from work :excited:

Youuuuuuu need to Facebook me ALL THE DETAILS. Thanking you.
  • Options
    It was/is awesome.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Someone got laid? :naughty:
  • Options
    Someone is home now.
  • Options
    Giggity
  • Options
    Hur hur hur
  • Options
    Yeah yeah yeah.

I am completely confused by the whole thing. We seem to click perfectly. We're both odd in the same kind of way. Ended up staying most of the weekend. Watched the F1, went for a walk around the bay holding hands (isn't usually my style).

It's strange, seems when you mix two emotionally inept people you get strangely functional conversation. Turns out both of us have been trying to work out what was different since before Christmas. Makes me feel not freaked out by being offered a key to his place ( didn't take it).
  • Options
    Yey!
  • Options
    Next dilemna.

He's possibly around my neck of the woods this evening, and could pop round. My flat looks like a bomb has hit it. Actually in can't see the floor in my room territory.

My simple minded approach to life says that this isn't the point and I would quite like to see him as am away all weekend so that option is out. The bit of me that is the whole dating concept is completely alien to think that you're supposed to try and make a good impression and thus maybe should try and put him off until flat is respectable.

Any thoughts?

(We're in actually can't see the floor in my room untidy, and not going to get more than about 10 minutes to try and redeem the situation)