Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Must I always refrain from complaining and talking shit about ppl at work?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Would you like it if someone said the things to you that you're saying about other people?
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Well its something you have to get used to. Not everybody is going to like you but if you treat people with a bit of kindness and respect they'll at least do the same to you.

Next time stop and think about what you're about to before you do it

I wanna change for the better. I just wish they could forgive me.
  • Options
    Yesterday at work, I found out I misunderstood what happened regarding the incident. It turned out that ain't nobody complained to the supervisor that I'm always negative. Rather, the only complaint the person made was that I talk Spanish to coworkers who may not understand. My supervisor never knew that I talked shit about the team lead. She's only pissed that I talked shit about a customer in the back room. Idk y she blew that ONE comment out of proportion.

I went into work that weekend and she was fine. Then I made that one negative comment about a customer and she be pissed about it all day. Tf?
  • Options
    If you want to keep your job. Get your head down and keep it down. Smile at customers, be polite to everyone, stop bad mouthing your colleagues. You have an attitude problem, start leaving it at home
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    If you want to keep your job. Get your head down and keep it down. Smile at customers, be polite to everyone, stop bad mouthing your colleagues. You have an attitude problem, start leaving it at home

K well, my supervisor still don't know that I talked shit about the team lead, so she didn't count that against me. The only thing she counted against me in this incident was my negative comment about the customer, who was "ugly and stupid." She coulda just yelled at me to stop and then let it be over. Y did she be pissed all day about it? Btw, I sure as hell don't intend to talk shit ever again.
  • Options
    She could have been in a bad mood about anything, you dont know that it was specifically about you
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    She could have been in a bad mood about anything, you dont know that it was specifically about you

She didn't treat ne one else like that, so she wasn't in a bad mood. However, she been mean to me all day!
  • Options
    Kissmekate wrote: »
    K well, my supervisor still don't know that I talked shit about the team lead, so she didn't count that against me. The only thing she counted against me in this incident was my negative comment about the customer, who was "ugly and stupid." She coulda just yelled at me to stop and then let it be over. Y did she be pissed all day about it? Btw, I sure as hell don't intend to talk shit ever again.

She was probably "pissed all day" because of your continuing bad attitude
  • Options
    She was probably "pissed all day" because of your continuing bad attitude

How was one negative comment continuing bad attitude? When I walked into work that day, she was fine with me and everything. Then I talked very negative about the customer and she changed in a flash. And her attitude towards me started sucking big time. So all I did was make that ONE comment about the customer...see what I mean by out of proportion?
  • Options
    How was one negative comment continuing bad attitude? When I walked into work that day, she was fine with me and everything. Then I talked very negative about the customer and she changed in a flash. And her attitude towards me started sucking big time. So all I did was make that ONE comment about the customer...see what I mean by out of proportion?

It depends what the comment is. Either way, making nasty comments about customers isn't on.

You should treat others as you wish to be treated.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    It depends what the comment is. Either way, making nasty comments about customers isn't on.

You should treat others as you wish to be treated.

Said he was ugly and stupid and it isn't on. But to be pissed with me ALL DAY?!!
  • Options
    Ok, look. Get over it. These things happen, you cant change what you did but you can make sure it doesnt happen again in the future. Keep your head down, keep your opinions to yourself, stay out of peoples way if you piss them
  • Options
    I can't understand your boss at all.

Can't understand how they've managed to restrain themselves from lamping you, that is.
  • Options
    I can't understand your boss at all.

Can't understand how they've managed to restrain themselves from lamping you, that is.

Lampung me for what? That ONE nasty comment I made to a coworker about a customer?
  • Options
    Lampung me for what? That ONE nasty comment I made to a coworker about a customer?

Yes. It was one nasty comment too many.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    Yes. It was one nasty comment too many.

Even if it was the only one I made? When I walked in to work that day, she treated me like everyone else. Then as soon as I made that comment, she changed completely in a flash. So one comment was one too many?
  • Options
    But it's not. You've posted a half dozen threads about your crappy work ethic/attitude.
  • Options
    These silly threads about your work situation are getting increasingly trollish. It's almost as if you create them purely to argue with people about how you think [some stupid situation at work] is actually perfectly normal, when they aren't.

If by some strange twist of fate any of the situations you've described are real, then you need to contain that attitude of yours before you get thrown out of whatever job it is that you've been lucky enough to keep until now.
  • Options
    But it's not. You've posted a half dozen threads about your crappy work ethic/attitude.

Not sure of the relevance of any previous fuck ups on my part since she started out ok with me that day. A half an hour later when i made that comment was when her attitude changed.
  • Options

Not sure of the relevance of any previous fuck ups on my part since she started out ok with me that day. A half an hour later when i made that comment was when her attitude changed.
  • Options

Yes, we get it, youve said it about a million times. Weve all given you advice on what to do, so stop bringing it up
  • Options

It's your past form. I would be thinking "Fucking hell, again? I was promised it would stop." I don't work with you and I'm sick of you
  • Options
    I'm going to close this thread now as it's going around in circles and please folks, if you find a thread frustrating, just stop replying, there are plenty of other threads and people looking for support across the forums.

Kissmekate - you've had some really sound advice in this thread so do take the time to read back over it. As others have said, we all have to bite our tongues at work sometimes, it's about being professional and especially in a customer facing job you need to go out of your way to be polite and welcoming as well as do your best to get on with your colleagues and be a team player. After all, you might need a reference some day!

I wonder if picking up some hobbies and interests away from work might help to take your mind of these incidents, you seem to be playing them over and over in your head.

Anyway, if you feel you need further support on this you can contact our askTheSite service which you can find by clicking on the Need Help Now link near the top left of the page :)
This discussion has been closed.