Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

When i was a kid.....

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    We had a house like that near us... it was up a cul-de-sac with loads of trees and there was word that an old man lived there and he would snatch kids and you'd never be seen from again! We moved out of the area before I ever plucked up courage to go up that road alone!

Im still a bit edgy when i walk by that house, even though im twice as tall now as the fence that my brother told me she was hiding behind
  • Options
    I believed(well was told lol) if you swallowed chewing gum, it would stick to your bum and you would go brown :s.

And up until not long ago embarrassingly that it was potatoe in baked beans!

Also if you prayed enough or wished apon a star for something it would happen - only if!
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    That the people on TV were living inside it and were smaller than my barbies. (yes, I had barbies :yuck:)

That pictures and posters were alive and all perverts watching you. :confused: Don't know why.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    I though the places where one grows vegetables were called lotments. Not allotments. Daddy has gone to his a lotment. Sort of thing.

Same - for quite a while
  • Options
    People in movies are actually doing all those thing in real life and somebody just recorded it and made movie out of it.

There was some kind of chip inside you t.v and people on the other end can watch you through it (believed, in conspiracy theories as a child. :P )

Drinking milk makes you fair skinned and drinking tea makes you dark.

If you pull the hair that've been cut or are in comb, it'll hurt the hair on your head.