Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

fallen in love with my driving instructor

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you should have waited till after youd passed your test and didnt need to use him in a professional capacity anymore.

Youve got a crush. You dont know him.
  • Options
    As long as you keep things cool, then he's almost certainly not going to end the lessons before your next test, so concentrate on passing and hopefully you'll have some good memories to look back on.
  • Options
    you should have waited till after youd passed your test and didnt need to use him in a professional capacity anymore.

Youve got a crush. You dont know him.
    I know I should of waited but I couldnt any longer. X
  • Options
    As long as you keep things cool, then he's almost certainly not going to end the lessons before your next test, so concentrate on passing and hopefully you'll have some good memories to look back on.
    Thats what im going to do I just need to forget what I said to him and try and carry on as normal. We already have some good memories.
  • Options
    Thats what im going to do I just need to forget what I said to him and try and carry on as normal. We already have some good memories.

Great, I hope it all goes well. Do keep in touch, but if we don't see you before the test, good luck!
  • Options
    Great, I hope it all goes well. Do keep in touch, but if we don't see you before the test, good luck!
    Thank you so much. I just needed someone to listen to what I had to say about it all. Thank you xxxx
  • Options
    Hi MrsMcelderry,

Falling for someone does make us sometimes act in ways that we wouldn't normally.
    You did what you felt you needed to, so don't worry about appearing "stupid" or embarrassing him (you certainly are not stupid) - because you were just honest about how you felt and it takes guts to do this :yes:

As long as you can see now that his feelings are not the same and that he believes this should stay strictly professional. If you prefer to still keep him as your instructor after this has happened (and he is willing to keep teaching you) and you feel that can deal with this, then that's your choice.

Do have a look at the articles suggested by Carriage Return as they might help - here is a helpful snipet from coping with a crush;
    It is fairly unlikely to turn into reality as often crushes are formed on the unobtainable. The person might be attached, a famous film star or totally unsuitable. You have to accept that this romance will never exist outside of your own head. Often, just confiding in someone you trust will help you get things in perspective.
    If things get too intense try to limit the time you spend in their company. In a while you'll get a grip on this fantasy and see it as a learning experience about some powerful emotions. If anything, it'll work in your favour when it comes to dealing with real life, realistic relationships.

Good luck for your test and do feel free to keep posting :yes:
  • Options
    christele wrote: »
    Hi MrsMcelderry,

Falling for someone does make us sometimes act in ways that we wouldn't normally.
    You did what you felt you needed to, so don't worry about appearing "stupid" or embarrassing him (you certainly are not stupid) - because you were just honest about how you felt and it takes guts to do this :yes:

As long as you can see now that his feelings are not the same and that he believes this should stay strictly professional. If you prefer to still keep him as your instructor after this has happened (and he is willing to keep teaching you) and you feel that can deal with this, then that's your choice.

Do have a look at the articles suggested by Carriage Return as they might help - here is a helpful snipet from coping with a crush;

Good luck for your test and do feel free to keep posting :yes:

thanks i know its gunna be awkward to start with when i have my next lesson with him and im going to be afraid to say anything because i may say the wrong things if that makes sense. i just want to be able to get rid of these feelings so i dont have to go through it and its really horrible but i know soon as i hear his voice and see him the feelings will come back :((