Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feeling Low (Don't know why)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I wish I could just go to accident and emergency, but I can't.
    I am texting the Samaritans. :/
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    That's good hun. xx
  • Options
    :'( still feeling pretty crappy.
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    I can imagine.
    Get any response from them yet? xx
  • Options
    yeah... they have texted.

great I have just got myself banned on FutureYou chat, cos other people like to ignore me, and being idiots. and I have to suffer while they can get away with whatever.

Fml :(
  • Options
    FY means nothing.
    People get addicted to that site then hate themselves for it. Maybe you need a break from that site.

You need face-to-face support, not online, we can only do so much, we can't do anything practical. There's helplines, and people to help if you want the help bad enough. If you can, go downstairs so you won't do anything.
  • Options
    Yeah you're right Sophie.

I know face to face would help me, but cos of my age there isn't many services that I can access, I am still very hesitant to access counseling, I really don't feel strong enough for that. I have spoken to somebody about accessing help for my mental health myself, but in all honest even he said that the services for someone who is 24, are limited.

I would go downstairs but then it's out of the comfort zone where I know if I need to do something I can, but downstairs I can't. I am feeling a bit safer, kinda.
  • Options
    That's the point though... if you go downstairs you're less likely to harm yourself.

There's services out there, you've just got to look. I think counselling would be very useful to you. I don't know if you like phoning people or not, but there's always helplines which you can phone. Might be more helpful then texting and waiting for a reply... as that way you'll be getting instant replies...
  • Options
    Hey Claire!
    It was lovely to see you yesterday. You are a lovely person and you definitely made me smile.
    I agree with you totally. Being in that age catogery the services are way to limited. I have the same problem. I have found it hard to seek help but I'm fighting for my rights to help as I think it's important.
    I know this isn't much. Always here for you! xox
  • Options
    Yeah I understand what you are saying. I used to have counseling and I got along with the counselor, but a few problems for me were fitting it around my working hours, and opening up. But I went to speak to her a couple of weeks ago, and they are seeing if they can get a counselor for a Saturday, it's run at a local drop in center. I don't really like talking on the phone, but the Samaritans are quite fast at replying. I just don't know where to start with the whole support cycle, I guess I have to be ready for that support myself first before I can make that step, and at the minute I don't feel strong enough.
  • Options
    Aww Sonia, thank you for commenting. It was lovely to meet you yesterday. I had so much fun.

Thank you, always here for you too <3 xx
  • Options
    You have to want the support enough to take that step forward. I'm not saying it's easy, because it's not. But it IS possible. Opening up will be something everyone finds difficult, and you don't have to plummet in and tell him/her every single thing in the first session. For once that would be a lot, and two it could make you feel even more shit.

I think for the time being keeping up-to-date with your GP is the best thing you can do at the moment.
  • Options
    Thank you Sophie.

Yeah I have monthly visits to my GP although I don't think they will carry on being monthly for much longer, cos last time I wasn't honest with her, whereas this time around I think I will be more honest, then the visits will prob be closer together. :/
    I am such an idiot, who doesn't want to get better? and get support? it's not even normal. :(
  • Options
    It's not the case of not wanting to get better, it's denial.

I think being honest with your GP is going to be helpful, maybe weekly appointments will be easier, as you'll be seeing someone more frequently.
  • Options
    I have been saying to my doctor I am in denial about how I have been feeling, and she said I wasn't taking my mental health seriously. Yet I lie to everybody around me, and lie to myself about how I am really feeling. I don't want to do that anymore. I wish I could magically wake up tomorrow and feel okay. I used to go to a s/h support group, but it had to stop cos of funding, but seeing the counselors who did that weekly did help me. I was gutted when that had to end. Cos it really helped me.

Ive come to the conclusion that I just aint normal.
  • Options
    It will be hard. But if you go in and seriously think about wanting to get better it will get easier. Go in with a positive mind. Tell her what's on your mind. She can only help you with what you let her know, and I'm sure there's more to what you do tell her...

Talking to someone will help, no one's normal either, there's no such thing as normal - everyone struggles with at least one thing.
  • Options
    Yeah your right, one day I will be able to take that step to getting help and support. Just don't know when that day will be though.

Thank you Sophie :)
  • Options
    It will come, but it will come in time when you think; ''Fuck this, I'm fed up of being fed up, I WANT to get better.''
  • Options
    yeah I occasionally think about that, but never have the courage to take the step forward to change how I am. I am taking my medication properly again now, so hopefully in a few weeks they should stable my moods. Cos 3 weeks is a long time to not take medication, and like it takes at least 2 weeks to get into your system. So I really need to take them properly, done well so far this week.

So I guess in a way I am maybe taking steps to get better by making sure I take my medication when I am supposed do, don't know if that counts though.
  • Options
    Obviously it counts, you just need to keep at it, and not go on and off them or you won't see a difference, and it will be mucking about with your thoughts and feelings.
  • Options
    Thank you Sophie
  • Options
    :(:/
  • Options
    So I guess in a way I am maybe taking steps to get better by making sure I take my medication when I am supposed do, don't know if that counts though.

It counts because, however small, it's a thing you're doing for you
  • Options
    Thank you,

I guess I focus too much on the big things, like if I don't be honest with the doctor I am not helping myself, and I hate myself for it.