Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Feeling Low (Don't know why)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am not to sure what to write, so I will just kinda write whats comes into my head about I feel.

The s/h is getting worse, and I just don't feel like myself anymore. I can't open up to anybody, the Samaritans help and posting on here, but I just can't be honest with anybody about how I am feeling. I am lying to everybody around me and myself. I am pretty sure that isn't normal.

I want to be myself and okay again, but to be honest I don't know when I was last okay and happy.

I have started to take my medication everyday like I am supposed to, so hopefully after a few weeks I will start to feel okay again maybe. Cos I usually am so up and down with my tablets and I don't want to be this way anymore.

Just fed up of everything at the minute. :(

Thanks for reading x

C

Comments

• Options
    Well done for getting back on your meds. I know you've heard it before. But the next way forward is to start talking to your GP or get a referral to somone else. And being honest with them.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Just wanted to respond with many, *hug*'s Claire, well done for being able to post this thread and asking for support, proud of you, as always! We need a Skype convo sometime soon, it's been a few days, but I've been busy, maybe tonight, depending on the work I get from College today? And hoping Llamas don't attack and take over ;)

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling low at the moment Claire I echo what Fiend said really, I'm glad your considering going back on your meds and getting in to a routine, I do hope that helps more :)

I'm glad you've managed to find ways the help you when it comes to talking about yourself! - Do keep us updated on how things are going for you! I'm not to sure what to say Claire, I really just wanted to offer you lodes of Hugs! *hug* *hug* *hug*!
  • Options
    Thank you :)
    I was honest with my doctor a while ago and she just highered my medication.
    But i will speak to her again..

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
  • Options
    Thank you Angel lovely. Yeah a skype chat sounds lovely cant do tonight though.
    Always here for you and hope your okay <3

• Options
    You're at TheSite towers tonight, are you not! -Drum Roll- If you are, don't actually take a spider with you ;) *Wink* *Wink* I'm good thanks, had an amazing evening yesterday, even though I was ill, haha, but dragged my siblings along and made them deal witht the dread of being bored and got a big slice of Chocolate cake, nomnomnom!

Always look out for Llamas to ;) Will drop you a text, for randomez later to annoy you ;) Here for you to <3 I do hope you enjoy your evening with TheSite people! Lovely bunch, but I think some might bite!
  • Options
    Yeah im at TS towers this afternoon for two hours yes :) ew no spiders are scary.
    Glad you had a nice time lovely. Sorry to hear about you feeling ill. Get well soon. I love you lots like jelly tots <3
    Will text you later lovely. Xx

• Options
    Jelly Tots must be really nice if you love me that much ;) Spiders can be scary, you choose to fear them. Unless there like, er...Spiders that don't look like spiders, trying to think what I have a phobia off now - Haha, can't think of anything ;)

How far is London for you? I can only imagine the journey, and the distance it would be to get there! It takes 3 hours from here!
  • Options
    Yesssh they are nommy.
    Clowns are scary too haha
    London is about 1hour 40mins but i think there are delays today...

• Options
    Urgh :'( my family seriously annoy me.
    Sorry rant over..

• Options
    Gives up. I hate feeling this way. I don't even know what to do anymore. Everything is a mess..:(
  • Options
    Hey Claire, was great to see you yesterday :thumb:

Do you want to tell us a bit more about what's going on? Has something happened with a family member that's upset you?

Hope you're okay and enjoying the break from work *hug*
  • Options
    Yeah was really nice to see everyone too :)

Just dont feel strong enough to deal with everything. My mental health is just screwed. My family dont understand and I cant deal with trying anymore. Basically i keep trying to talk to them but getting no where and feel alone in all this.

• Options
    :'( urges. just given up..:( i'm done.
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    The s/h is getting worse, and I just don't feel like myself anymore. I can't open up to anybody, the Samaritans help and posting on here, but I just can't be honest with anybody about how I am feeling. I am lying to everybody around me and myself. I am pretty sure that isn't normal.

Hi hun. Getting back into the swing of things after being ill and saw your post.
    Just wanted to say that I think it is normal, as part of depression that is. Depression itself is common but not right. No-one should feel like that. Don't feel like it's not normal or that you aren't, it's part of feeling low. Mixed up emotions, confused, up and down, all part of it.
    Mega hugs, Reena. xx *hug* *hug* :heart: *hug* *hug*
  • Options
    I can't cope anymore... :'( I am done trying.
  • Options
    Oh dear Claire, I wish I could give you a massive hug in real life! But Virtual ones will have to do *hug*'s!

What's been going on? I've known you for quiet some time now, and since I've known you, you've shows a lot of strength and courage, which you should be proud of yourself for and posting on here, shows that you still have hope and that you're not done trying, but you do just need someone to reach out to!

I'm sorry to hear you can't cope, you said you were tired earlier, did you manage to get any sleep in the end? *hug*

Always here for you :heart:
  • Options
    Thank you for the hugs.

It's just one thing after another, I am in agony with my toe and the doctors have basically said they can't do anything cos I am immune to anti biotics even though it's infected and I can only take a set amount of painkillers in a day, and I am not getting it sorted til the 28th January. and gotta deal with the pain for that long.

I wanna s/h and the urges are hard to deal with. I honestly can't do this. I know in the past it may seem like I have coped with things but the truth is, I haven't I damage my body and I don't care anymore. I am in a vicious circle. I really don't know what to do anymore, I feel like I just don't deserve to be here anymore. I don't deserve the help and support. People hate me, so I must be a horrible person.

I just need to get away from everything. :'( I just want to feel safe, I don't want to hurt myself but I can't stop. I have to hurt myself. I have to. :(
  • Options
    You do deserve help and support. And who hates you? I don't think anyone here hates you, so how can you be a horrible person? -Not possible, when so many on thesite care about you. You can get through this, it will be so worth it in the end. xx *hug*
  • Options
    I don't :(

Just people hate me, in general. I am a horrible person.

I can't get through this. I am in a bad way right now. And I don't know what to do about it :(
  • Options
    Hey ClaireStephanie

I'm really sorry to hear that your toe is causing you pain - the end of January must feel like ages away. It's not surprising that being in pain is making it harder for you to deal with SH urges.

But it does sound like you're being really hard on yourself. When we feel low it's easy to see the world, and our lives, through a much harsher perspective. Like others have said here, many people at TheSite care about you and like you, so please don't tell yourself you're horrible. I've seen you give loads of advice and support to others and your posts never sound horrible to me, just kind and supportive.

I know this has been said many times before, but do you have any distractions that work for you?

These tips from the dealing with urges article may also help:

- The 15-minute rule - if you're feeling the urge to self-harm, give yourself 15 minutes before you do. Distract yourself by going for a run or writing down your feelings. When the time's up, see if you can extend it by another 15 minutes. Try to keep going until the urge subsides.
    - Meditation - try to visualise the urge as an emotional wave you can surf. Imagine it reaching a crescendo then breaking as you successfully resist its force.
    - Write a list of things you've achieved that make you feel proud, or fill a box with things that make you happy, such as pictures of friends and loved ones. Keep them handy and look at them when you're feeling bad.
    - Practice expressing your emotions and feelings through art or writing or talking to a friend.

Big hugs
    Spanner
  • Options
    Of course you do.
    I'm sure you think that because of the depression, I know I use to. You ARE NOT a horrible person. Trust me, I've known some horrible people, you're not one of them. From what I've read, you are a kind, caring, funny, selfless person. It seems to me you don't know your own worth. -I can understand that. *hug*
    You deserve to be HAPPY. :) xx
  • Options
    Yeah the end of January is ages away. It's just one thing after another.

I have tried distractions, and nothing really helps. I just want to disappear, I can't do this. :'(

Bad thoughts in my head. I don't feel safe. I am a horrible person :(

I don't deserve any help. I don't deserve anything.
  • Options
    Please stop saying that, you're not horrible, you're amazing. And everyone needs a little help sometimes. xx :heart:
  • Options
    Sorry just ignore me.. :'(
  • Options
    If you feel unsafe, I would recommend presenting yourself at your nearest A&E, a police station, or phoning a helpline to get the support you deserve and need.
  • Options
    I am just scared. :'( On this path of self destruction, may turn my phone and laptop off. :/
  • Options
    Sorry just ignore me.. :'(

Never! :D
  • Options
    Then present yourself at a local A&E where you'll be safe and offered support. It's the only way if you want to get through this. They can't tell your parents cos you're over the age of 16 and 18... if not that, then there's not much else we can recommend, or suggest, you need to help yourself if you ever want to get through this.
  • Options
    yes you really should...:'(
  • Options
    yes you really should...:'(

Nop, not going to. *hug* :heart: *hug*