Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Not sure what to do

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank you :)

Luckily I'm on a special project thing at the moment (good timing really....) and so I think I'm only in on Monday and Tuesday for a specific clinic. Was the same last week, which has worked out quite well as otherwise my attendance rate would be shocking. I've requested a meeting with a pastoral tutor, and I have a blood test this week as well (just to check nothing physical is going on), so I guess they are both positive steps.

In terms of friends - I think it's more than them just not really coming close. I just think it has been one of those situations when you learn who your real friends are, as the saying goes, and I've learnt that I've not really got anyone. One 'friend' has said she no longer can stand to live with me, which means our next house has fallen through. The other two will include me in the PC games that they play, but anything beyond that - no. Nobody wants to spend any time with me because I'm just this massive bitch who is a really horrible person. I don't really blame them.

My ex has described me as if I'm some sort of drug, that he knew I was bad for him but he just couldn't stay away. Hence the repeated dumping. I knew I was poisonous.

I know I'm so boring, repetitive, negative by saying "I'm suicidal". But I am. The slithers of time felt feeling good are no longer a cause for hope, but just remind me that I'm never going to get to a point when they are anything more than slithers. And I don't know what to do. Neither do my parents. Neither do the professionals. I know so many people think I should just pull myself together. But I can't. As one of my 'friends' put it - "I don't understand depression, people should just cheer up". I fucking can't. Someone could live life in my shoes and love it - but live life in my mind and be just as fucked up.

I'm sorry if I sound ungrateful for the support. I don't mean to be :(
  • Options
    Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
    I know so many people think I should just pull myself together. But I can't. As one of my 'friends' put it - "I don't understand depression, people should just cheer up". I fucking can't. Someone could live life in my shoes and love it - but live life in my mind and be just as fucked up.

I'm sorry if I sound ungrateful for the support. I don't mean to be :(
    That person is extremely narrow minded. Wonder what will happen to her in a time of crisis. Even the most successful, beautiful people with great relationships and friendships get depressed. Depression doesn't care who you are or what you have but it will rip you apart and leave you with half the pieces you have to make something that can work. It's not your fault.
    You are not just droning on in misery either. People can suffer with a broken heart for a long time. It's not you being a wimp. You are making large, positive steps in carrying on and therefore moving on. Going back to uni is great. A while back you were considering dropping it.
    I think the quote 'Things fall apart so better things can come together' is sort of appropriate. There must have been a time when you never thought you would meet your boyfriend or had as much fun as you have had, but it all happened because you were great enough to let it happen. You can do that again. It just won't happen overnight!!!
    Stay in there. Keep going. It will all get better
  • Options
    I thought I was starting to turn a corner and then this happens.

So I found out that my ex has started seeing a 16 year old. 2 weeks after we broke up. Apparently. I know hes perfectly entitled to see other people after we've broken up but I have my doubts over when this started. He chose the one person that would hurt me the most. The person that often caused us trouble in our relationship.

I've called my cpn, I've self-harmed. I really thought things couldn't get any worse.
  • Options
    It's hard to get your head around an ex seeing someone new, and it was likely that when it happened that you'd find it difficult. It doesn't mean everything is falling apart though. He likely 'chose' the person he became interested in - there aren't many people out there who'd deliberately chose to get together with someone just to hurt someone else. And if he did, then you're well rid.

It's a step back, but you've got the talent to make sure your next step is forward again. As long as overall the forward steps outnumber the backwards ones then you'll keep heading the right direction.
  • Options
    I am sorry

sending you lots of warm hugs *hug*
  • Options
    I think all I can say is that he'll have chosen her a while ago. That's a painful thought, I know, but he won't have started seeing her two weeks ago just to spite you. She's caused problems because she's liked him and obviously he's had his head turned. All I can say is that he won't be doing it out of malice or spite, but that doesn't always make it less painful.

The pain does subside but I can't say it is a quick thing. I hurt less but I still hurt a lot.
  • Options
    Thanks

It is all a bit too painful.

I've had a shower, had some porridge and now back in bed. I've been given some diazepam - need to get through the weekend now.
  • Options
    *hugs* what AR said. I'm almost certain my ex left me for someone else who was basically waiting in the side wings for us to break up. He never admitted it but I wasn't born yesterday. I know it wasn't to hurt me but it still hurts whichever way you slice it. I can only suggest keeping busy and cutting contact with him, there's nothing more painful than witnessing your ex move on so quickly while you're left feeling like the most insignificant person in the world. After I picked myself up being single was the best thing that ever happened to me, not long after I passed my driving test, got a car and a job and went to uni, travelled and now I've moved to the other end of the country to do a masters. I wouldn't have done half as much or met the people I have if I'd stayed with him. Once you get over the initial hurt a whole load of doors will open for you! One person is NEVER worth ruining that for.
  • Options
    Thanks ballerina

Man I've woken up really angry.