Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Finding a way to deal with things

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I can't deal with things anymore.
I'm not strong enough... Life is just crushing me:'(
I don't want to deal with it anymore.

Comments

• Options
    I know it's hard Claire.:( i'm messed up myself these days. don't know if i can help you but i'm here for you.*hug*:heart:
    If you want someone to listen i'm always here.Remember that.*hug**hug*
    Be strong. You can do it like i am.
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Life can seem like that with all its pressures, and the negative experiences in the world, but we have to find a balance. We have to look at the good things worth sticking around for.
    In my worst moments, I couldn't face life, I didn't want to be part of the world, but if I gave in then I wouldn't be so happy now. I have so much in my life now, some things I wouldn't have even seen had I given in.
    Have you talked to anyone? I find that always helps me when I have my bad days.
    There are a lot of people here for you. xx *hug*
  • Options
    I havn't spoken to anybody about how I feel to be honest because I find it hard to open up about my feelings and things.
    I am battling with myself so much at the minute, like on one hand i really want to get some support and just receive some help, but on the other hand i am scared to open up cause i don't know what will happen.
  • Options
    Hey
    Dont know if this will help but thought I would try.
    I totally get the the whole confusion to get help or not it took me five years to tell somebody and nearly six to go to my GP.
    As I was growing up I was always tought that crying and showing emotions was week which is why I struggle so much with showing affection or receiving it.
    But now that I have got help I am starting to feel more optimistic about my future and thinking I might get out of this.
    Expressing my emotions is a mager issuse for me to.
    If u ever want someone to talk to or even just to rant and let things out u can always pm me
  • Options
    I havn't spoken to anybody about how I feel to be honest because I find it hard to open up about my feelings and things.
    I am battling with myself so much at the minute, like on one hand i really want to get some support and just receive some help, but on the other hand i am scared to open up cause i don't know what will happen.

Hi hun.
    I think it's a normal feeling- not wanting to open up. I felt that way too, keeping everything to myself, never showing others how I felt, until I got to the point where everything build up so much I couldn't hold it in anymore. I would lash out, burst out in tears, have meltdowns, and then feel worse for showing my weakness. I was scared that people would confirm what I thought about myself, that I was weak, pathetic and useless. I thought opening up would leave me vulnerable and cause me more pain, and even though some of it was painful, facing past experiences and present feelings I feel so much better for doing it.
    But don't force yourself to open up until you feel ready. I don't even know how I felt brave enough to ask for help, it was just one day I told someone I was afraid to be around strangers, and they offered me support that changed my life. Just take your time hun. xx
  • Options
    Thanks Reena.

I just can't cope with anything any more, I just don't see the point in trying either... I have nothing left..
  • Options
    We've all had days like that. Wish I had some useful advice. xx :heart: *hug* :heart:
  • Options
    I'm done caring, and trying to fight this anymore.
  • Options
    Hey ClaireStephanie

Sounds like this last few days have been tough for you.

Some great advice from mowglieanne and Reena too. :heart: that is very helpful.

It may not feel like it at the time, but it is always worth fighting through and knowing that you are worth it, and people do care.

I know you've said before you like going for walks and listening to music. Sometimes doing both of those things is a great way to get away from it all and take some time for yourself.

It's good to acknowledge when you're not feeling yourself and we're always here to listen if you need us. Using the boards is often the first step many people take to opening up to someone about how they are feeling.

Hope things get easier for you this evening.

Phil :thumb::heart::thumb:
  • Options
    Yeah I have been struggling. I suffer from mood swings and they seem to have gotten a lot worse these past few weeks. I don't know why or what's going on with me. It scares me so much and confuses me.
  • Options
    have you checked in with your GP?
  • Options
    Nope i havnt been to the doctors in ages about this. That means saying how i really am. And i dont think i can do that.
  • Options
    Sounds like you need to.
  • Options
    Hmmmm
  • Options
    Fact is, you can talk to us, and you're more than welcome to, but we can't fix it. You can read the articles on depression and other mental health issues, but the summary is. See a professional.

Time to go back to your GP.
  • Options
    Yeah if only doctors cared..
  • Options
    It's hard with GPs, if you think about their workload. They see a new patient every 15mins for 8 hours a day? Plenty of them are there for time wasting requests like anti-biotics for colds, or another little whinge about something that the GP can't do a damned thing about. In addition, sometimes they have a bad day, they're tired, maybe feeling a little bit shitty themselves. But still coming in a seemingly endless stream, are sick people feeling shitty. All GPs hear all day is negative.

Of course there are shitty GPs, if you don't like yours, pick another from your practice. I did until I found someone I liked. And it's not like I never had a problem with a GP, I was getting headaches, dizzy spells and nausea. I was tested for diabetes, obviously I didn't have it, but nothing else was done, so I gave up and went away. And after 6months or so, so did my issues, but it shouldn't be that way.

Doesn't change the fact that they are you first port of call. Go in there with an agenda, you want to.... (suggested options would be to review medication, take a leave of absence from work, referal to your local mental health team). But you have said yourself, you can't go on this way.
  • Options
    Yeah i guess so... What you have said has given me something to think about so thank you
  • Options
    One of the reasons for not going is because I don't really know what to say to the doctor... I have been in the past and they put me on medication, I then had to go every so often for reviews but I have not gone in a while, because up until recently everything was under control. I was also wondering about self referrals, but I don't know how they work to like local mental health team. I don't understand or know to much about that. Its all very confusing.
    I kind of feel like I should just get on with things and be able to cope with stuff.
  • Options
    Well, you're not coping, so it's kind of irrelevant what you "should" be able to do.

As for what to say... why don't you write a list of 5 bullet points, now, here, of what's wrong.
  • Options
    It's mainly my moods being so up and down. It feels like I have a switch inside my brain that can make my mood switch from happy, to feeling like crap and suicidal in the space of a couple of minutes.

But I am on medication for that, and I have been to the doctors in the past and they put me on medication. I don't know what else they can do.

Sorry I prob not making any sense at all. Am I? I am sorry.

I am 24 tomorrow, and I sometimes think to myself maybe because I am an adult I should be able to deal with all this stuff. ( I know that's a weird way of looking at it) But I just think there are people who are dealing with worse and younger than me, and they cope. So it makes me wonder, maybe I should just get on with it.
  • Options
    What would happen if you just got on with it?
  • Options
    I'd probably just be how I am now. Just not talking to much about how I feel, maybe not recognizing it.
    I go to work every day and just get on with my day to day life, maybe knowing that one day I will have to deal with things, but I don't know if now is the right time.
  • Options
    Does that sound good to you?
  • Options
    Don't know really.
    Sorry I feel really unhelpful, when your trying to offer advice to me. I am a awful person.
  • Options
    Hardly. Whatever you do about this, it's up to you.

Looking back over this thread you have said
    Life is just crushing me. my mood switch from happy, to feeling like crap and suicidal in the space of a couple of minutes. It scares me so much and confuses me. I just can't cope with anything any more.
    these are big issues for which your GP or local mental health team can be of help.
  • Options
    I guess so.
    Maybe one day I will wake up and realize I need to go and seek some support.
    :/
  • Options
    I've just sat and read your entire thread...my first thought? Why aren't you going to the doctors? My second thought - you sound exactly like me. My third thought - I know exactly why you won't go to your GP and I understand why.

The hardest thing I have found with GP's is finding one who not only cares but actually understands and wants to help. It's taken me a very long time to find the courage to keep going back but I have found a GP I actually like and although I didn't have long to talk to her about whats going on for me mental health wise as I was there about something else - the little time I did spend talking to her about it, felt like a complete relief when I left because finally I found someone who just got it.

I really genuinely understand your point - I'm 23 and constantly tell myself "your old enough to deal with this so deal with it" but that just adds to the pressure I already feel and I'm sure its the same for you.

I promise you, if you perservere you will find a GP who (a bit like counsellors) you just click with. Could you try explaining to them that your on medication and that your looking for other practical help to complement the medication rather than replace? Maybe ask if they could just talk through your options and give you some details to read through in your own time and then arrange to go back a week later when you've decided what you think is best for you?

As Fiend has said, we can advise and we can listen and thats exactly what we are here for and I would love to be able to take away all the things making you feel like this - but unfortunately only you can do that by seeking the professional help and support you need and quite rightly deserve...keep perservering - you will get the help eventually and in the meantime - keep posting :)
  • Options
    One of the reasons for not going is because I don't really know what to say to the doctor... I have been in the past and they put me on medication, I then had to go every so often for reviews but I have not gone in a while, because up until recently everything was under control. I was also wondering about self referrals, but I don't know how they work to like local mental health team. I don't understand or know to much about that. Its all very confusing.
    I kind of feel like I should just get on with things and be able to cope with stuff.

It doesn't matter if you feel it's under control, it's always helpful to check in with the reviews.
    With my doctor, she set up the regular reviews too, I would go in and tell her if I had a bad day, if I hadn't I'd just say that I was feeling more in control and she would ask if I wanted to continue with the reviews. I kept going for a while, until I was sure. I was in counselling at the time too and would discuss how the counselling was going with the doctor. She seemed genuinely happy for me and was so supportive.

Feeling like you should just get on with things and be able to cope with stuff is the old fashioned way of dealing with it, when people felt uncomfortable talking about that kind of thing.
    We all need a little help sometimes. There are some things we can't do by ourselves, and there are some things we can, but only if we know how. I had no idea how to cope, I couldn't do it alone but was too ashamed to ask for help. Don't ever feel you are alone in this, trying to cope by yourself when you have so many ready to help.
    Big hugs xx. *hug* *hug* :heart: *hug* *hug*
  • Options
    Thank you WL

For commenting and understanding :)

Yeah the GP I have seen in the past, she is lovely don't get me wrong, I can talk to her.
    I just feel like I am wasting peoples times.

I guess this is gonna be a long journey, but I need to actually be ready to start that journey and at the minute I don't feel ready.