Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

tired of fighting (triggertastic)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Isn't a deliberate choice to do it but yeah. would rather not be bouncing from one emotion to another. This evening was better, I started off badly but spent nearly three hours on the phone with a friend. distracted me out of the misery and also proves at least one person gives a toss.
  • Options
    Ignore me if I'm being a pest. Just was thinking about you, wondering how you're doing today? Hope work is ok and not too much, and your friend and other friends are being all lovely and supportive for you. :) x
  • Options
    I hired my own counsellor - no waiting and it is working far better for me than the "free" one I had a decade ago.
  • Options
    I'm fine until I stop. I hate being in the house alone but I don't have a lot of friends in the north east. I can't always nag them to be out with them. I'm not adjusting to the house being empty at all, and not speaking to people when I'm in the house, and I don't really know what else to do from here.

Feeling very forgotten about tonight I think.
  • Options
    I know it sounds simple, and likely stating the obvious - but have you tried keeping a radio on somewhere in the house?
  • Options
  • Options
    She's angry - as anyone is to some extent after a break up. I wouldn't take much - if any - notice of what she's saying. Is there any way that you might be able to go for a couple of sessions counselling together to talk through the issues behind the break up with that third person to mediate and help it be constructive rather than just turn into an argument?

Like its previously been said - you are always going to be sodbaby's dad. You could always argue to have her every weekend or every other and holidays. She's going to remember very little of being that age anyway. It's about quality time rather than quantity anyway!

Is there anyone that can go and stay with you? Maybe that would help?
  • Options
    As soon as I get my JSA payment I'm gonna book a ticket to see you, Mr Frog. You get the wine and ice cream in and I'll teach you how to therapy-knit.

She won't forget you because I know E wouldn't let that happen. I know it's hurtful that she's been saying things to other people but if they know you they can make their own judgements. Anyone can see how much you adore that wee girl and if they can't then they're stupid.

Focus on you right now. Not what is being said to other people. I know because you've said so that you understand that you're difficult to live with - it being said to other people isn't cool, but maybe it's the kick start you need to really start working on the reasons for that. You shouldn't care what they think, but that's easier said than done and sometimes, caring can be the motivation to change. I know I rarely consider my negative traits to be worth working on because I think I'm useless anyway, but as soon as someone else thinks it? Nope! Gotta stop them thinking badly of me!

This is rambly. Sorry. TL;DR I'm gonna come visit. Chin up. You know I'm always always available to chat. Always.
  • Options
    I would also come up and see you but cross-country travel on 3/4 types of painkillers wouldn't be fun and plus I've only briefly met you so it might be slightly weird...for you, I wouldn't care cos I still think you're awesome!

Btw, what is this therapy-knit you speak of franki?
  • Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    Btw, what is this therapy-knit you speak of franki?

Knitting. Just knitting. It's excellent.

Fiend and I also planning a jolly to the North-East. It's just too pleasant and unflooded down here ;)
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    Knitting. Just knitting. It's excellent.

Fiend and I also planning a jolly to the North-East. It's just too pleasant and unflooded down here ;)

Ooooh. Let me know when you're going and I'll try and arrange something at the same time?

Also yes: just knitting. It's the best therapy I've experienced.
  • Options
    Ooooh. Let me know when you're going and I'll try and arrange something at the same time?

Also yes: just knitting. It's the best therapy I've experienced.

Will do, Picc got me on cross-stitch, it's almost as good.
  • Options
  • Options
    *hug* I don't know what to say AR, but I'm here if you need a chat with someone who's been on the child's end of it all.
  • Options
    I hear your pain.
  • Options
    thinking of you and worried about you x
  • Options
  • Options
    Well done for sharing. I'm hoping this evening is going slightly better.

It's probably not any comfort to you, but what you're going through us entirely normal and someone with no history of depression in the same place would be struggling just like you are. So don't add to your problems by beating yourself up or not being able to cope. You're doing better than you think.

I've never met you in person, but I'm pretty sure you'll find another partner. Not overnight, these things take time - but I'm not writing off my chances of ever getting a man so you can't cross off yours of getting a girl.

Xx
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    I'm trying to fill the chasm where my personality should be. I'm trying with food and trying with drink. It isn't working.

If I could step out of my body and beat myself up I would. Coping is merely existing. I don't want to cope anymore.

Coping is the first step, and one of the hardest. xx
  • Options
    'How odd - the phrase is, to give a child life; but a child gives life to its parent when the parents decides to live simply because to commit suicide would hurt the child.' i read that in the golden notebook, and made me think of you. i don't have any constructive advice, but please please keep fighting, whatever you have to do to keep your head above water. i'm here for you to chat or rant or cry, as are so many other people here. you're loved x
  • Options
    *hug* how has today turned out for you Arctic?
  • Options
    Yesterday was better. Didn't get out of bed until mid afternoon but managed to go out last night with some new people.
  • Options
    if all you can do is crawl, then crawl.

It will get better. Everything will be ok again xxx
  • Options
    I know how you feel I promise you I do.

I know how it feels to really struggle to get your head of the pillow. But think of all the little things that seemed major as you were going through them and now look back and they seem tiny don't they? I promise you it's hard but it's when you go through times like this that you really develop who you are :) please hold on it will get better and in the mean time turn to something fun whether it's being a shopoholic; developing a hobby; spending more time with your family + friends; whatever but I promise you will look back and things will seem a lot better.
  • Options
    if all you can do is crawl, then crawl.

It will get better. Everything will be ok again xxx

agree with SCC.

Thinking of you AR, still think you're super duper :)
  • Options
    Your daughter is the point. Hoping I'm correct in saying that she is still in your life, even if it isn't as often as you'd like it to be, but she will still value the quality and input of that time.
  • Options
    the point is YOU.
  • Options
    the point is YOU.

Aye.
  • Options
    Update to say I'm signed off work again but actually feel a lot more positive yesterday and today. Went out last night with friends and had a cracking time. So we'll see. Baby steps.
  • Options
    good to hear.