Home Politics & Debate
We've started our first discussion for our Christmas campaign which is focusing on religion or cultural beliefs that help you when you're feeling down. Some of the responses will be used anonymously on social media as a video. If you'd like to take part, head over to this thread.

Rape Culture Jam

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sorry this is a bit last minute but I just thought I'd post this up here if anyone else wanted to join the protest.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Clearly a very good cause but in all honesty I've never seen a single facebook group promoting rape in any context. Not for a moment suggesting there aren't any but I'm not sure it's as widespread as that group makes out.
    Great idea! I've signed the petition, I just hope its going to help. Facebook are so tight on some things but incredibly lax on others such as groups promoting rape, and making a joke of it, like its acceptable.
    I've never seen a single facebook group promoting rape in any context

Depends what you mean by "promoting", doesn't it.

"OMFGZ I LEIK TEH RAPEZ!!!" isn't the only way of mocking rape and mocking the effects of rape. And every time rape is mocked- every time someone in a short skirt was "asking for it"- rape is being denounced.
    OK you make a good point but even then I haven't seen any groups or people on facebook with those types of comments but that might be more to do with the fact I avoid having anyone on my friends list who "TORKZ LYK DIS INNIT LOL WTF LMFAO!!!!" :rolleyes:

In any case, a good turn-out on that idiot's page :)
    what was it. group has gone