Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Rape Culture Jam

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sorry this is a bit last minute but I just thought I'd post this up here if anyone else wanted to join the protest.

Comments

• Options
    Clearly a very good cause but in all honesty I've never seen a single facebook group promoting rape in any context. Not for a moment suggesting there aren't any but I'm not sure it's as widespread as that group makes out.
  • Options
    Great idea! I've signed the petition, I just hope its going to help. Facebook are so tight on some things but incredibly lax on others such as groups promoting rape, and making a joke of it, like its acceptable.
  • Options
    I've never seen a single facebook group promoting rape in any context

Depends what you mean by "promoting", doesn't it.

"OMFGZ I LEIK TEH RAPEZ!!!" isn't the only way of mocking rape and mocking the effects of rape. And every time rape is mocked- every time someone in a short skirt was "asking for it"- rape is being denounced.
  • Options
    OK you make a good point but even then I haven't seen any groups or people on facebook with those types of comments but that might be more to do with the fact I avoid having anyone on my friends list who "TORKZ LYK DIS INNIT LOL WTF LMFAO!!!!" :rolleyes:

In any case, a good turn-out on that idiot's page :)
  • Options
    what was it. group has gone