Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

General rant and stuff

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How are you doing now?

Big *hug* s

xxxxxxx
  • Options
    Better. Still feel rubbish but beginning to think about going to bed and (maybe) getting up tomorrow...
  • Options
    good idea, try and get some sleep and hopefully it'll be a little better in the morning xx
  • Options
    Don't feel any better and didn't really sleep. Have 8 hours of lectures today so either that will be a distraction or I will just plod through on autopilot and get nothing done. We'll see...
  • Options
    I'm not in lectures becaue I couldn't focus (just skipping one that is optional). Tried to book an urgent appointment at my GP but blanched at the thought of spending all afternoon there and missing more lectures (only option for today) so think I will phone first thing tomorrow. Really unsure how long I can go on like this.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    so think I will phone first thing tomorrow.
    :yes: this sound's like a plan.

Let us know how it goes. If it clashes with lectures, perhaps GP app may take priority? It's great that you are seeking the support you need.

Take care :)
  • Options
    I went to the doctor, who told me to take the day off whilst she contacts the CMHT.

The CMHT haven't changed their mind. I'm leaving Oxford in June so I'm not theirs to keep safe.

Well fuck that quite frankly.
  • Options
    That sucks quite a lot.

( I had other phrases in mind, but I'm feeling polite)

I take it your GP didn't come up with any other ideas for between now and June, like the rest of this week?
  • Options
    Coul you make plans to stay in Oxford after your degree? Perhaps live and work there for a bit so you can get onto the service currently being offered.
  • Options
    LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    Hey Piccolo,

Firstly I think you need a big *hug*
    piccolo wrote: »
    The CMHT haven't changed their mind. I'm leaving Oxford in June so I'm not theirs to keep safe.
    This sounds so frustrating for you :banghead: As Katralla says is there any way you can make plans to stay in Oxford, or perhaps just not tell them that you are thinking of leaving in June?

It might be worth seeing your GP or another GP again to see what they can offer in the short-term, as Scary Monster points out. Is is a GP based within the University?

Is there anyone else you feel you can talk to about this? I know you said your most trusted friend is moving, but could you maybe call them? Or email them? You say your friends are distant but I am sure they will be supportive when you need them.

If you are feeling low remember to look after yourself and do something you enjoy as the others have suggested. You have probably seen this before but these hints and tips for distraction are helpful. And please do keep posting to let us know how you are.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Coul you make plans to stay in Oxford after your degree? Perhaps live and work there for a bit so you can get onto the service currently being offered.
    I'd be too isolated. My friends and a life I spent 6 years building are in London. Obviously things change but as it stands I'm totally isolated here and if I weren't in college it would be even more so (most of the people I'm friends with are finalists going off to parishes in July)
  • Options
    do they have an IAPT service in your area? they are usually quite short-term treatments. it's not really intensive therapy but it would be better than nothing. i didn't have the best personal experience (abandoned after 2 weeks) but as a general service they are probably quite good.

thinking of you x