Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

True Love To Total Mess In Under 12 Hours

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks for replying :) Yeah I totally lost it for awhile, after he told me he'd slept with her I didnt eat for 3 days, or stop crying, and spent my time plotting suicide and drafting suicide notes. But I feel better now... It was just such a shock, now I know whats happened, and I know the worst is over, I just need to get over that, rather than prepare for more misery.

It just hurts a lot still. He promised me that day that he loved me and he wouldn't cheat and yet he did, it makes me feel like that whole year was for nothing, and that he never cared for me at all.

I'm so glad I changed my number. :)
  • Options
    Poppins27 wrote: »
    I think this post helps me a lot. I'm in a very similar position, and somehow I need to proove why I've finished the relationship. Maybe meeting will help me find out that.

When I met up with him it just made me miss him more... :no:
  • Options
    It just hurts a lot still. He promised me that day that he loved me and he wouldn't cheat and yet he did

It is the most horrible feeling isn’t it. I went through that with my ex. I thought everything was fine, we hadn’t been seeing each other as much as usual for a few weeks but that wasn’t surprising. I had exams coming up that I had to study for and my mum had just gone in to hospital :( (She pulled through, don’t worry :) ) and I just assumed that he was busy at work. Then he suddenly texts me saying that he wants to break up with me and that he had been sleeping with other girls.

Like you, I was completely devastated. We had been together for over 2 years, I gave him everything, I trusted him completely and he betrayed me. I felt like he had taken my heart, wrenched it out of my chest, and torn it up in to tiny little pieces and then put it through a blender. It made me doubt everything, had he ever really loved me? Was he just with me so he wouldn’t be alone? Had he just been using me for sex for the last two years? I didn’t do anything for days, I just sat on my bedroom floor crying. It took me soo long to get over the initial shock. None of my friends at that point had ever been in serious relationships; they just didn’t get why I was so upset. And I hadn’t discovered thesite yet, I felt like there was no one I could talk to and I think that made it harder so it’s good that you can talk about it here. Don’t rush yourself. It took me a good year and a half before I could completely say that I was over him. I think you need to let yourself grieve the relationship for a while instead of trying to push yourself to get past it, everyone gets over these things at different speeds. It’s not going to be easy but it will happen eventually.

*hug*
  • Options

Like you, I was completely devastated. We had been together for over 2 years, I gave him everything, I trusted him completely and he betrayed me. I felt like he had taken my heart, wrenched it out of my chest, and torn it up in to tiny little pieces and then put it through a blender. It made me doubt everything, had he ever really loved me? Was he just with me so he wouldn’t be alone? Had he just been using me for sex for the last two years? I didn’t do anything for days, I just sat on my bedroom floor crying. It took me soo long to get over the initial shock. None of my friends at that point had ever been in serious relationships; they just didn’t get why I was so upset. And I hadn’t discovered thesite yet, I felt like there was no one I could talk to and I think that made it harder so it’s good that you can talk about it here. Don’t rush yourself. It took me a good year and a half before I could completely say that I was over him. I think you need to let yourself grieve the relationship for a while instead of trying to push yourself to get past it, everyone gets over these things at different speeds. It’s not going to be easy but it will happen eventually.

*hug*

It's hard to let myself grieve, because I just feel like, he got over it fine - so why can't I? I feel like you did! And it's so hard to understand how he could do it to me? He was always so insecure that I'd cheat on him, and he could articulate clearly why the idea of it scared him and how terrible he'd feel. And he knows I suffer from anxiety and stuff so how could he do something so horrific to me. He told me all the details, what positions they did and everything, and he said he didnt think about me at all.

The night before he did it we had sex twice, and that afternoon when I went round and he was getting ready for the party he tried it on, but I said no because I didn't trust him cos he said he didnt want me at the party cos he wasnt ready to explain to his friends we were back together. Thats when he promised.

I confronted her after and she told me that he'd been texting her inviting her to the party for ages, and that he told he'd been single for ages. And she was like 'and I've just asked him now and he still says he was single'. I'd changed my number to stop him contacting me by then, but I rung him from a withheld number and told I knew that he'd planned and he just shouted 'LEAVE ME ALONE!' and hung up.
    Apparently he doesnt want to be with her, and they're just using each other for sex. Was that really worth destroying everything we had together, even if he wanted to break up, why hurt me so much?

How did you get over it? Did you ever find answers to all the questions it left you with?
  • Options
    he texted my bestmate THIS
    i am genuinely sorry about everything i never meant to hurt her i honestly didnt it wasnt planned i promise and if she needs things explaining ring me sometime

IS IT JUST ME, OR HE DOESNT CARE, AT ALL?
  • Options
    Shit. Honestly it sounds like he’s a really unstable, and selfish, dick. He clearly doesn’t have an empathetic bone in his body. I am really sorry, I will never understand how someone could be afraid being hurt and then go off and hurt someone else without a second thought.

I’m not sure what I did really. I missed him for ages, and I hated him at the same time. I think it was giving myself the chance to just forget about him for a while that really started the ball rolling for me. About 6 months later, I think, a group of my friends went on holiday together. When I was there, I felt like I could forget about the world back home. I ended up having a really cute summer romance with a lovely guy who was staying the same hotel as us and that really gave me back me confidence. I finally realised that it wasn’t the end of the world and that I was worth a hell of a lot more than how he had treated me.

After that realisation, it was just time I think. I didn’t really notice while it was happening. But it slowly became less important, I thought about it less and less. It still feels like a punch in the gut whenever I see him. But I think that’s the same for anyone who had a bad break up isn’t it.

It took a while but I’m over him. But I’m not sure that I’m over what he did, if that makes sense. I don’t care about him anymore. What he does or doesn’t do has no effect on me now, it’s not until I read something like this that he pops in to my head at all. But the effects of what he did are still with me. I find it a lot harder to trust people and get close to people now. And I’ve developed a dependant personality too. So I’ve not exactly come out of it in one piece. I think the hardest thing for me was the shock of how sudden it was. Literally one day everything was fine and then by the next day it was over and I never heard from him again. Unfortunately no, I never got the answers to the questions that he had left me with. I kind of gave up on ever figuring out his reasons. If I ever got the opportunity, I’m not sure that I would want to know now. Really, I don’t think it would have helped me at the time either, whatever the answer it would have had some kind of negative effect.

Sorry I know most of this post was just me rambling on. I never know how to stop writing once I’ve started lol. I think the best thing you could do now is just stay away from him. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem like he cares that much about you. If he did he wouldn’t be doing things like this. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that he never did.

Again sorry for the ramble. Hope some of this helps. *hug*
  • Options
    Thanks so much, that was an amazing reply. You sound lovely, he sounds like he must be a right idiot!
    I got the full story of how he ended up with that girl that night from my bestfriend. He rung his mates girlfriend who was at a girly halloween party and asked to speak to any single girls. And she was the only one who was up for it and they swapped numbers. Then she went round there and apparently he temporarily decided he didnt want to do it because he wanted to make things work with me, but then just before everyone left the party he shagged her anyway. And then she left with everyone else.

It all just sounds so GRIMY. I'm not that person at all, and I'm so grossed out that all along, he's been hiding this really sleeeeeazy side! While they were acting out this whole crazy scenario, I was sharing a bottle of wine with 2 really good girl mates. It's rough to think like that....
    I’m not sure what I did really. I missed him for ages, and I hated him at the same time. I think it was giving myself the chance to just forget about him for a while that really started the ball rolling for me.

I feel like that! I miss him SO much, and I keep replying the happy times in my head like a montage... but the thought of seeing his face, or hearing his voice just makes me sick!!
  • Options
    Hey sorry havnt really been up to posting anything for a wee while. But I thought Id see how you were doing now? Have you spoken to him since? Your right it does sound really sleezy. Im quite suprised any one would agree to sleep with someone who asks for the number of any single girl. Hope youre doing ok anyway. *hug*
    Dixie.
  • Options
    i spoke to him on tuesday cos he was supposed to drop some of my mail down on friday. and he just gave me one of his longwinded bullshit stories and then admitted he'd lost all my post. i reckon he's just chucked it and couldnt be arsed. he was like 'ive been really worried about it... but these things just happen...' made me so angry. i hung up on him. i wont be talking to him again. ive still got to come off the joint account which is his bank account. i could steal his money anytime i fancied it.
    but i cant be bothered to chase him up to sort that out so im just gonna leave it a little while... im moving cities this weekend, reckon that'll help?
    ive heard running away from your problems doesnt work because they just follow you. but what if your problem is just a person, surely a few hundred miles between them and everyone they know should do some good? :chin:
  • Options
    OVERWHELMING DESIRE TO CALL HIM. HELP!!! I need some help to stay strong urgently!!
  • Options
    Remind yourself why you finished with him.
  • Options
    OVERWHELMING DESIRE TO CALL HIM. HELP!!! I need some help to stay strong urgently!!

Just think, if you call him, youre going to end up right back at square one. And then have to go through all that pain and suffering again. He isnt worth it.
  • Options
    true love does trust no matter how no matter what, a guy who gets jealous always, is kinda guy who do does that extended relationship thing. and you should be able to forget that guy.
  • Options
    I met my boyfriend a year ago, he had just been through a really messy breakup and wasn't looking for anything serious. Said that the girl had done terrible things to him, like involve his family in their silly rows and stuff. But we got together anyway. We fell madly in love very fast, but he was always very jealous and untrusting but I figured we'd work it out somehow because we were so in love. He moved in with me. Time sped along and we had worse and worse arguements he was always accusing me of cheating with some guy from work, or some male friend. I never ever cheated on him but he constantly called me untrustworthy. The arguements worsened. We started saying everything we could to hurt each other, but during the happy times we were as in love as ever before, like best friends.
    Yesterday my bestfriend of 10 years got the train 4 hours to meet me for a bottle of wine and a bit of food (thats why shes my bestfriend). As we were leaving me and Matts place he gets a letter from the council summoning him to court for unpaid council tax.

I was meant to pay the council tax. So of course I'm all 'I'm so so sorry for forgetting' but he starts shouting so I tell him we'll discuss it when I get back from dinner.
    Then I get the most hateful text ever saying I am more of a scumbag than his horrible ex even knew how to be, everyone would find out about what I've done, he's gonna make me suffer, I deserve to suffer, he's had enough of me, find somewhere else to sleep.

I went home and he'd locked me out the key the otherside of the lock
    he let me in after awhile and I tried to speak to him to ask him why he locked me out but he ignored me so I went to bed. He followed me up after awhile raging at me calling me names telling me I was worthless and (this is wierd) he was going to ring my family in the morning and tell them 'WHAT ID DONE'. And then they would be so ashamed of me. Then he started demanding I get out of bed and I refused and he kept shouting at me too I kept saying no. Then he booted me across the room, where I lay on the floor in shock having hurt my leg, and start having a panic attack. Then he phoned my dad and said.

'Hi, i know its late but you need to come and get her. I'm washing my hands of her. I have the untmost respect for you and I'm sorry about waking you up but otherwise I will throw her out into the street'

Then my dad came and I cried on his chest in the car outside for ages while he wanted to go in and scream at the boyfriend, and wanted to call the police but eventually just took me home to the family home. This morning him and my mum took a zombie-fied tearful me back to clean the house out of me stuff, while the boy was at work. All day he text me how sorry he is, how much he loves me, how hes taken me for granted and he's so sorry and he cant stop crying -I ignored them all. Then he got home and saw I'd taken all my stuff, rung my homephone and told my mum he wants the cat back and the money for the council tax bill and if the cat isnt returned in a few hours then he'll be round here. My dad wants to fight him bless him, but he mostly just wants to give the cat back. But she's mine too, we got her together when she was a tiny kitten and I'm her mum and I don't want to hand her over to him.

Why has this happened?
    Why did he phone my dad like that? It was awful, like I was property to be disposed of.

Why did he switch from declaring his true love and heartbreak to being businesslike?
    What should I do?
    Wow, that's really horrible. I've never had to deal with an abuse relationship, but I have seen what a abusive relationship is like.. All I can say is, sometimes in life you meet people, that make YOU a better person, and even though, it might seem like "Well shit, that was a bad idea, to date this person" And it seemed like it was all perfect at the start of the relationship, you should look and life, and accept it no matter the bad or good, because no matter they teach us a lesson. With this horrible breakup, you'll look at future relationships, more carefully. I'm hoping to see more of your posts. Take care! Rachel. :)
  • Options
    i think that you are best off outta this relationship. and to drop all contact with him would be the safest thing. delete his number and remember you have your friends, family & us at thesite.org to keep you strong in your time of need.

good luck xx
  • Options
    maxini wrote: »
    true love does trust no matter how no matter what, a guy who gets jealous always, is kinda guy who do does that extended relationship thing. and you should be able to forget that guy.

I don't get this?
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I'm just really struggling at the moment... I guess I'm just someone who finds it hard to let go.

Gonna go delete his number now. xx
  • Options
    Delete all of your messages too and reset your call list and stuff if you can. You need to get rid of everything, if there is still one little text hidden down at the bottom your inbox, and you know that its there, then you will always be aware of the fact that its there and the desire to call will still be there. Hm, I think I might have slightly confused myself. Oh well, hope it makes sense.
  • Options
    Delete all of your messages too and reset your call list and stuff if you can. You need to get rid of everything, if there is still one little text hidden down at the bottom your inbox, and you know that its there, then you will always be aware of the fact that its there and the desire to call will still be there. Hm, I think I might have slightly confused myself. Oh well, hope it makes sense.

Thanks! Done it! :)